Thursday, December 18, 2008

Much needed update November-Mid December

Slacker. That is the word that comes to mind when I look at this blog, our blog~the blog that is supposed to chronicle our lives. I have really slacked. Ok, so we have been up to an absolute TON over the past month and a half. Here we go...
We went and saw the Trans-Siberian Orchestra in Portland at the beginning of November. The beginning was a christmas type story and Nick and I looked at each other and kind of wondered whether we had made a wrong choice since we had been between going to Metallica or this show. Once the Christmas story was over, they did a concert with pyrotechnics, lights and everything. It was really great and we were glad we went.

We flew to New York and Pennsylvania from the 12th through the 16th of November. We flew on a red-eye flight to New York City on the 12th and walked around the city all day and managed to see an absolute ton. It sounds cliche, but the city was HUGE and there was so much to see! We stayed in Times Square, ate at a theatre district italian restaurant, saw the financial district and saw the major police shut-down for President Bush’s address at the Metropolitan Museum. We went to FAO Schwartz, the MAC store, Central Park, Rockafeller Center, went high fashion on fifth avenue, and took Nick for his first ride on a Subway-he was a pro.

We went back to the Newark airport and rented a stylin Kia McTiny and drove down to Lewisberg, PA. We watched Heidi win 2 games, played a killer game of scrabble, saw her amazing beer pong table (see picture), got rained on by a MONSOON (we were wet for weeks, in fact, it may still be coming out my ears), we loved seeing Heidi! After fighting with the McMeanie on the other end of the telephone at Continental Airlines in order to skip our short flight from Philly to Newark and just take the direct flight from Newark to Portland, I won and McWeasel at Continental lost (take that airline Nazi, I win-one point me, zero points you), we made it back to Portland.

For Thanksgiving, we went down to Eugene and spent time with my family, ate Turkey and then slept. The next day, we had a funeral to go to for my Uncle Quentin, who lost his battle with cancer. On Saturday, we went to Joni’s (Nick’s mom) boyfriend Steve’s house for round 2 of Thanksgiving.

Ok, the house. We have finished painting the kitchen, have the stove in, have couches and chairs in the living room and family room (we got great deals-we got natuzzi leather couches from Craigslist for the family room and microsuede for the living room) and are moving towards getting paint colors figured out for the living room and the hallway. Items left to do include the paint as mentioned, trim, backsplash in kitchen, bar stools, wall art (to come later) and...um...let me ask Nick...ah yes, electrical stuff in the kitchen.

Wow-lots of stuff to update on. We are now in McCall for an awesome vacation! Score! It snowed as we were leaving Eugene-after a long drive (11 hours rather than the normal 8~it was 0 degrees on Santiam!), we made it! It has been COLD here. It is so cold that the windows have frost on the inside! Never fear though, Nick and I are winter pro’s! Both of us LOVE winter. We snowshoed and snowboarded today! Hurray~it was awesome!

Finally, most important of all for this post...Nick and I celebrated our 1 year anniversary on the 15th of December. A year, a whole year! The year went so fast and it has been an amazingly great year (I know, mushy mushy cut it out Kenzie) but really, Nick and I really do work very well together as a couple and it has been really fun to learn and grow with the greatest guy in the world. So here’s to a lifetime of more amazingness. Oh my, I sound like such a goof- :)

2 comments:

yuan family said...

Happy 1st Anniversary! It sounds like you have been very busy. Have a great time with Matt and Missie in McCall. At least you can snowboard in the cold weather there!

Amy said...

Hey Kenzie...Congrats on your Anniversary. We celebrated our second on the 16th. How quick years go by now. Sounds like you guys are having lots of fun. I think it has been offically over a year since I have seen you, so we need to get together!! Take Care and Happy Holidays!!