Friday, January 29, 2010

Hard Boiled Egg

Have you ever tried to peel a hard boiled egg only to have it be endlessly frustrating? Like, the white peels off, it comes off in small chunks, etc. Then you see someone with perfectly peeled eggs on a platter for a party and you wonder where you went wrong? I finally have the answer to this frustrating situation. The fresher the egg, the harder it is to peel! So when you feast on that perfectly peeled, perfectly intact egg, just know that it is that way because it has spent a significantly longer amount of time away from its chicken. So here's to enjoying crater filled, ugly hard boiled eggs!

In other news, busy season is already exhausting. I have been working in Dallas Oregon - the commute is 3 hours round trip plus 10 hour days. I went to bed and was sleeping by 9pm last night. I am so tired! A week of this has been quite enough - but busy season is just starting. Drat.

Trooper (the dog) has not been very thrilled about our new schedule. Up by 6:15 am (I am so much not a morning person that I take showers at night, let my alarm go off at 6:15, drag myself out of bed and put on the clothes that I set out the night before and get out the door in less than 10 minutes), Trooper tries to stay in bed as long as possible. He tried to look uber cute so that we wont bother him. Poor little guy!

In other Trooper news, he is teething. So far, he has eaten my Jessica Simpson flats (probably because I wear them without socks). I caught him munching on my tennis shoes but ended the fun before he caused too much damage. Other things he has enjoyed include a mocha (which wired him beyond belief), lots of tissues/paper etc, and cases for things like cell phones and flashlights. We are working with him to chew on his own toys of which, he has many, but at times - our toys seem so much more enticing and tasty!

Among his current tricks - Sit, down, rollover, spin. Among his current tricks "learning" crawl, bow, shake (he hates this one), stay. When you bring out a treat, he knows he needs to do a trick, so before you even say anything, he will sit, down, rollover spin and then jump up and down as if to say "I did it!, now feed me!" but he has to do his commanded trick first.

All dogs have quirks- Troopers is getting brushed. When we first got him, he would cry and squirm when we tried tor brush him, so we though that it hurt him. We tried using the "non" brush side but we discovered that it is less the brush potentially hurting him and more that he doesn't like something about a foreign object that is not a hand stroking him. At this point, he will put up with it, ears back and miserable looking. After you are done, he will sulk and you have to have a moment with him for the next hour. The other day, Nick brushed him and they had their moment for like an hour before I came home. Nick tells me that he brushed him and I get excited, Trooper actually got brushed! So I decide to try it out. Bad idea. Trooper go so upset he peed in the laundry room and then curled up on the bed in the smallest ball and would not hang out with us for the remainder of the evening. Mind you, he is totally potty trained so he must have been really really upset to pee in the laundry room. Poor puppy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Maybe try different type of dog brush, like something that forms to your hand (glove?). Or just not brush like us :) Carly always presents her belly. Kiana just wiggles incessantly. Potty trained = 3 months with no accidents. Kiana chews on heavy-weight plastic bottles. Probably a no-no, but it keeps her teeeeeth busy most of the time. She still likes to snatch sticks (hard to hide when you heat the house with wood). Good practice for when you get kids....put it up, close it up--- what's to get into? Eggzactly!
Momasita >^..^<