Monday, August 2, 2010

Summer 2010

I find that it becomes easy to fall behind on blogging when you are busy. There are things that I certainly want and should spend the time to blog about because really, how will I remember that I did them if I don't take the time to jot things down? That's right, I won't. The danger of putting off blogging is that I end up with the condensed cliff's notes version of everything rather than the detail, which is much more entertaining. July 2010 went down as one of the worst months ever. I was so excited to welcome August. Actually, this summer has been the summer of really amazing ups and really horrible downs. It has been a crazy ride, that is for certain. It has been a summer of plans made, plans made, futures planned, then unplanned, joy and dissapointment. This summer has been about friendship, reflection and recurrent old thoughts. I am sure if you haven't been around me lately, this is all very confusing. And as badly as I want to write on here the ins and outs of my ups and downs, I still don't feel comfortable with journaling some of the more personal aspects of my life publically. There are some things I did want to jot down about this summer so far:
  • We purchased an airstream trailer, a 2007 30 foot beauty with solid hickery cabinets, soft cream leather, solar panels...this is truly a home on wheels.
  • We broke in said airstream with a trip to bend and stayed at Crown Villa (basically an amazing resort). I ran a 1/2 marathon, we swam in the river, we drove go-carts... it was a great trip. Nick forgot his wallet, so I got to be the sugar daddy for the weekend. Every airstream we drove by waved emphatically as we went by, apparantly, we have joined a new club, or cult - whatever you want to call it.
  • We have been busy every weekend this summer. The weekends were booked before the summer even started. Between weddings, bachelor and bachelorettes, work, my 1/2 marathon, hood to coast, etc, there are no weekends left for nothingness. This has been wonderful and also not so wonderful. We have so much to get done on the house and yard and it all gets left for tomorrow when we are gone so much.
  • Our garage door has decided that it wants to be up. Imagine our surprise coming home to an open garage door when we had been in Eugene all day. Lovely. Good thing we live in a safe neigborhood, we have a lot to steal in the garage.
  • Trooper had his first ER vet visit when he ate slug bait. He did not like that trip at all!
The summer has seemed so much busier...and yet, when I try to recall, I can't - and that folks is why you blog frequently, not binge blog like me!

No comments: