Tidbits I want to remember.
- We took our first car trip to Eugene. Nick went to the Duck game vs. Arizona State and I stayed at my sisters house. The trip went well but it was definitely a long day - we left Portland around 3pm and didn't get home until 2am. Bear slept really well but he didn't eat as much as usual. By the time we got back to Portland, I thought I was going to explode and ended up not only feeding Bear but also pumping 12 oz! Holy tons of milk!
- Bear took his first bottle of freshly pumped breast milk on Wednesday which Nick fed to him. He did great. It isn't my favorite thing to do (even though I am not particularly taken with the time consuming nature of breast feeding, I also don't like the bottle because they can over eat and because they can swallow a ton of air) but he took to it like it was what he was supposed to do.
- He managed to wear 2 cloth diapers on Sunday with no leaks and large wetting so I took that to mean that he might be ready to transition. I prepared the Bum Genius all-in-one diapers to enter into the rotation. Our thought is that he will wear the cloth during the day and then sleep in the disposable. Hopefully the cloth continue to work without leaking. Another interesting tidbit on the diapers - when he is wet with the cloth, he will cry and let us know that he is wet. With the disposables, he is content to wear a completely soaked diaper until we change him. No wonder babies end up with more diaper rash from disposables, they don't feel the wetness so they just hang out in a wet diaper.
- I have been feeding him every 2 hours during the day but he never asks to eat and I generally have to wake him up to eat. Today, I am trying to see what happens when I let him go longer between eating. (although I am a little nervous that he will confuse his day and night even more with me letting him just snooze rather than waking him up to eat...then again, maybe he really doesn't need to be eating every 2 hours during the day...
- We went for a 3 mile walk with him in the Bjorn and Trooper on the leash. This is the longest walk we have gone on so far. I also weeded with him in the Bjorn and threw the ball for Trooper.
1 comment:
sounds like you guys are doing great!!! I am going to hit up the chip trail tonight since it will be 72 degrees.. if you want to meet up for a walk!!
Post a Comment