Saturday, March 3, 2012

Budget Friendlyness

I have a super big problem when it comes to doing anything house related. 

I have caviar taste and our budget is more suited to fish sticks. 

If I walk into a store, chances are, the item I like the most is the most expensive thing in the whole store. What can I say? I must have good radar!

The website Houzz is Nick's new best friend. I say Nick's because while I am the one that searches things, he is the one that benefits because I always manage to find ways to save money by finding amazing looking things done with items that cost way less. 

I am a super visual person so if I can't see it, I generally want something that ends up being much more expensive. 

Case in point. 

We have a pathway that goes around our house. It is gravel, sorta. We have pretty much demolished our front yard. I wanted to do a paver path or stamped concrete. 

But then I saw these photo's



Both gravel, clean lines. Beautiful! 

And by going the gravel route, we save at minimum $500 if not more!

2 comments:

Five point Two Nine said...

I like the gravel

Anonymous said...

Be prepared to keep putting the gravel back in the path, especially when Bear gets mobile. Little tires will struggle on it and leave ruts, as will heavier wheels like on wheelbarrows. Weeds like gravel, too. >^..^<