Saturday, April 7, 2012
Sleepless
Sleep is our most difficult thing related to Barrett. He still sleeps 100% of the time in bed with us. We moved his crib into our room with the intention of slowly working on transitioning him to it and then moving it away from our bed, into the hallway and eventually into his room.
He refuses to sleep in it.
I think the problem is that he really likes to be close to someone or cozy. He will sleep alone in his car seat and in his stroller with blankets in with him. And at this point, I am less inclined to force naps in his crib and just allow him to nap in his bob stroller. Whatever works at the end of the day that allows me to have some hands free time :)
Night time is still tough. He really wants to wake up and nurse 4 times or more a night. I have been working on stretching out his night time feedings which actually makes me more tired that being up 4 times to feed him because he will fuss and be awake for an hour or so while he continues to let me know that he would like to eat.
Last night, for example, he went to sleep at 8pm and woke to eat at 11pm at which point I fed him. Then he woke at 2:30 wanting to eat and I pushed him to 3:30 but during that hour, neither one of us slept. Then he woke at 4:30 hoping for a snack and I finally gave in at 5:15 when he really started to crank up. After that, he woke again at 8:00am to eat at which point we got up for the day.
Even with the sleeplessness and frustration that comes with not sleeping more than 4 hours in one chunk for over 6 months - his smiles and his personality just melt my heart. I love this little guy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment