Friday, September 14, 2012

Barrett - 11(ish) months

I totally missed posting at Barrett's 11 month birthday but I still have 1 week before his 1 year (ONE YEAR!) birthday, so I will do a quick post about our little Rinkie Rink.

  • Still not sleeping through the night. We are working on this. We now wake up at 1:30am but I don't feed him until 4:30 so he will either go back to sleep nicely or he will cry for a while. Either way, we are making progress. He starts his night in his crib and at hist 1:30 wake up, moves into bed with us. He cuddles up so well and just molds into the crevices of my side so well, how can I say no? This little boy loves to cuddle. I am betting he will always be this way.
  • Smiles huge and wide! Has 4 teeth on top, 2 on bottom.
  • Giggles at everything. If you laugh, he laughs. If you tickle him, he laughs. Pretty much everything makes him laugh.
  • Loves to push things around. Cars, lids, stuffed animals. Loves to stand and push things. His stroller, piano and push toy.
  • Enjoys hammering on things with his hammers and seems to grasp the concept.
  • Pretty sure he isn't really talking with actual understanding but will say "mamamama" and tries to mimic sounds
  • Can stand up in the middle of the room alone, without the use of his hands. When outside, he will suddenly stand up. He reminds me of a meerkat.
  • Has taken 2-5 steps in a row. Chooses crawing far and above walking.
  • Likes his mama at night but likes most everyone during the day.
  • Loves to climb on things. The couch, the riding mower, the new deck that is being built, the fireplace, ect.
  • Eats everything (except dairy). Loves avocado and hummus.
  • Naps in his baby carseat. Naps anywhere from 1-3 times a day. Usually naps in the car
  • Loves baths and will stand naked at the tub as it fills and bounce up and down.
  • Likes being naked above wearing clothes
  • Wears 9 month pants, 9 month shirts (but we put all the way up to 18 month tees on him, they are just a little big)
  • Weighs approx 19lbs. (I think)
  • Is very happy but very busy! Plays hard, sleeps hard (but short).
  • Enjoys being outside and loves to play in the dirt
  • Likes to play with cords for tools...?
I can't get over how great this little guy is. Yes he cries sometimes. Yes he has the occational (very rare) bad day.  And yes he doesn't sleep through the night (poor mama). But seriously, this kid is a total delight. He is such a good little stink and fits really well into our little family. I can't believe he has been here for almost a year! This year has flown by unbelievably fast!

No comments: