http://project940.wordpress.com/
This is the "About" wording as it is right now:
This blog was born out of a Facebook posting I saw roll across my newsfeed one day.
You have 940 Saturdays from the birth of your children until they graduate - Make them count.
While not every Saturday is filled with new adventures and general awesomeness, there is often joy to be found in the mundane as well. Everyday life may not always be "blog-able," but when I look back at the 940 weeks I got to spend raising my children, I still want to be able to look back and remember all of it. The blog worthy trips, the days spent exploring the backyard for the millionth time, the days where we never get out of our pajamas and stay inside.
This blog is mainly about our Saturdays. The good, the fun, the boring.
However.
If something happens during the week that is especially "blog-able," I certainly won't pass up the chance to post.
We live in Oregon on two acres in a modest 3 bedroom 2 bath house that we have been working on remodeling since we bought it in 2008. My husband, two boys, dog Trooper and my father-in-law call this home and while for many, our living situation would be considered "non-traditional," it works for us and we wouldn't want to have things any other way.
We love to travel and be outside. You will see frequent Saturdays spent in Idaho at our second home. While the drive is a long 9 hours away, we are conditioning our kids early to enjoy the adventure of a road trip. We also own an airstream trailer which you will also see pop up in posts as we travel and tour around.
While having two boys a mere 19 months apart is Crazy with a capital C, we are doing our best to not let it slow us down but rather introduce them to our passions and let them guide us towards new ones.
I am not a writer.
I am not a photographer.
I am not creative.
I am a mother who wants to document our Saturdays - all of them - from Birth to Graduation.
Welcome to our journey.
I hope you enjoy it as much as we will.
I plan to continue updating this blog from time to time as I have done previously.
This blog will remain more "personal" and much more word filled. Because there is so much history in this blog, it would be a tragedy to abandon it. I enjoy looking back at all of the stuff in this blog, which I do more than I thought I would. I will continue with our lives and updates here - Project 940 is meant to follow Saturdays - because there are 940 Saturdays from Birth to Graduation and all of them should count.
I hope you join me over there, and stick around here. I am really excited about starting this project - in addition - it requires 1x weekly posts, which is very sustainable with two kids as close together as mine.
No comments:
Post a Comment