Thursday, September 25, 2014

September Update

Oh my - where does the time go! Life with young boys is crazy. Fun but crazy. Time for blogging seems to be at a minimum. Then when I do consider it I'm think to myself - do I update from now forward? Or try to go back... But honestly, I don't think I have the brain capacity to go back. It's lost in diapers, meals, trying to get out the door in a timely manner, worrying about whether I am being a good parent, codling too much - er maybe not enough. Should Barrett be getting himself dressed by now? Should I worry that we aren't potty trained? Or that both kids sleep in bed with us? Nah - or whatever I guess. I have 2 happy and healthy boys so perhaps those questions are unnecessary. When I drop Barrett off at preschool, he waves goodbye and happily goes off to play and learn...seems pretty well adjusted to me! When I send Gentry to the gym Kids Club, he generally takes a nap.

So what are we up to lately?

Barrett started preschool at Resurrection Catholic Preschool in their 2's program. Because his birthday is in September he will always be oldest in his class, but he was ready for some type of preschool so we found one that had a 2's program. He LOVES it. He gets to paint, draw, play, ride trikes, do music, learn pouring and mixing and all kinds of useful things like waiting his turn, washing his hands, following directions! He goes in happily and it is always hard to get him to leave. He seems more mature and seems to have picked up some fun new skills/phrases. He can sing part of twinkle twinkle little star. "Twinkle twinkle little star, how I wonder what ...doo...rar!"

He started gymnastics one day a week and loves to follow the teacher and jump in the foam pit, hang from anything, run around on the floor and do the warm up song. It is a great way for him to learn direction following and waiting his turn.

Gentry continues to be a spirited little sprite! His favorite and most frequently used word is "Go!" He follows directions really well (when he wants to), can say "down" and some other words but like his brother is really a man of few words. He likes to do what Barrett is doing (and Barrett doesn't always appreciate it).

For the most part the boys love to do things together and when Gentry isn't with us, Barrett will ask where Gentry is. Barrett loves to help me cook and will bring his chair into the kitchen every time I start to cook. They both love to play in the yard and love going to the pool to go swimming. Both boys are pretty funny. Barrett has a more dry humor that can be a bit harder to get. Gentry is just a ham.

So obviously a lot more has happened since my last post ages ago...but a mama has to start somewhere. And has to finish quickly before the boys tear the house apart during my brief "break."

1 comment:

Jessica said...

You always capture your boys' spirits and personalities so well in words!