Well, here I am watching the Ducks vs Arizona game, and what a sad moment to be a Duck. *Sniff* I was so excited for the game and with the loss of Dixon and the Duck's complete inability to play without him, I am sad to say, things are not looking good for the Ducks. But hey, 2:10 on the clock and stranger things have happened, I mean, remember the Boise game at the Fiesta Bowl? Talk about WOW! Game of the decade.
I have not done an update for a long time. Nick and I are working on preparations for the wedding. We finally registered. I was so excited to find out that REI has a registry...so we registered there as well as at Macy's. Since Nick and I have most of the items that new couples need, we registered for the things that you usually wouldn't get like serve-wear and the like. I almost feel bad registering because Nick and I are not really the types who need people to buy us things but I know that people will want to buy things and registering gives a direction for people to go in.
We went up to the Columbia Gorge Hotel to see the place where we would get married. It made the whole day more real. I was so happy with the location and so was Nick. The hotel overlooks the columbia gorge up on a cliff. It is really amazing. We get married in front of a big fire place in a room that is somewhat 1920's decorated. All of the guests (we are having it small, less than 50) sit in arm chairs. Amanda helped my pick out the song that we will walk down the isle to. She has been so wonderful through this process. After the ceremony, we will have a cocktail hour with some little food items. Following cocktail hour, we will have a full sit down dinner. I am really excited! I let Nick pick out the cake...I got to make so many of the choices that it only made sense. We get the honeymoon suite for the night too! Hurray!
Update on the Ducks, they lost. Bummer
Nick and I went to Pennsyvania a few weekends ago to visit Heidi. We watched them play Navy and American. They lost both games but it was really nice to see Heidi and they played amazing against Navy. We went on some very long walks through the countryside during the middle of the fall with all the leaves changing with Mike Segal, the dad of one of Heidi's teammates. It was awesome to see so many amazing sites on the walks. Heidi took Nick and I to the craft center where she taught us to use a pottery wheel. Nick was really good at it and made a bowl that Heidi is going to fire and paint for him. I, unfortunately, did not manage to make anything but a big mess. We both had a great time! We stayed in the same place where I stayed with my parents when I went to drop Heidi off in August called the Pinapple Inn. It is a bed and breakfast with the sweetest people who run it. They gave Nick and I an ornament of a bride and groom when they found out that we were getting married! All of the parents of the players were so wonderful, they were so happy for Nick and I getting married.
This weekend, I am headed down to Eugene and so is Nick. We are going to put together a slide-show for the wedding and spend time with our parents as well as my favorite part...CARLY the WOOFIE!!!! Hurray!!!!!!!
Till next time!
No comments:
Post a Comment