Well, we are partway through June. Nick and I have made it past our 6month's married and 4 years together. Summer is always kind of bittersweet. While it is nice that the sun is out, the days are long and warm and people are all around happier, it is also a hard time because it means that my husband becomes an absentee mate. ~well, I guess it is not like he gets to work in town much during the rest of the year, however, at least then I get to have 2 days with him as opposed to one per week. Sometimes I just want to sit down with the owners of the company and say "ok, I am going to make it so that your wife is gone 6 days per week, and while she is gone, I am going to keep her so busy that she will only have the energy to talk to you for like 10 minutes per day-I am going to do this for 2+ year." They might think twice about sending Nick out of town ALL the time~maybe, just maybe. Of the 6 months that we have been married, he as been gone in Ontario, Hood River and now Toledo. With 100% honety, I can say that I have spent fewer nights with him since we have been married (and before we were married) than I have without him. Anyway-I sound like a wimp-not a wimp, just wish that the owners would think about us as a couple for even .5 seconds.
We have decided to go with Concrete countertops. I will be sure to show pitures when they are done, in about a month. The cabinet guys have not been back since last Thursday and I didn't get any kind of indication from them if they were ever going to come back and finish the job. They didnt say, we will be back in 2 weeks, 2 days, not at all..nothing, nada. I have not heard from them at all-hm.
I have been running again. I am trying a new running technique-it is called marathon training for busy people where you focus on running for a certain period of time, rather than miles. If you are fast, you run more miles, if you are slow, less. Tuesday was 45 minutes, same on weds and Thurs (today) was 50 minutes. Friday will be an off day, and Saturday is 1.5 hours.
Today I ran 50 minutes out in the country (since that is where I live). I saw 2 deer and finally found the -wait THE hill that everyone keeps talking about. Um, yeah, this hill is long and steep. I admit, I walked over half. The day that I run the whole thing, I will scream, yippee! Funny thing about the hill, the street in the middle of it, where there is a small, itty bitty plateau, is called Heidi street (in case you dont know, that is my little sister's name). So naturally, I begin coming up with names for this hill. On a good day, it might be Heidi Hill, if it is kinda tough, maybe I will call it Devils Heidi (you know, there are always places on the ocean called Devils elbow and stuff). I have other, less flattering names for it, but I am not sure that they are appropiate for the blog.
No comments:
Post a Comment