Three whole days together-did I really just write that?!? Nick and I got to spend three whole days together! It seems strange to write that-we spend so much time apart that I am just not used to saying that we spend more than one night together.
I should go back a few days and update on what we have been up to. On Wednesday (or maybe it was Tuesday?) night of last week, Nicks grandma Lois was up in Portland to have a cancer screen. She has had cancer for around 5 years and has been doing very well with it. She came up to Portland to meet with the cancer doctor to determine the best treatment-she is having more trouble breathing and her lungs keep filling up-so something needs to be done. Joni (nicks mom) brought Lois and Bob (Nick's grandma's husband) up to Portland. Nick drove up from Toledo, Oregon to have dinner with Bob, Lois, Joni and Steve (Joni's boyfriend) at Steve's house, which he cooked and was AWESOME. We had Salmon and rice and broccoli (my favorite) and something else but I can't remember. When dinner was finished, Steve brought out like 5 desserts from Claim Jumper. Wow. Lois looked really good and it was great to see everyone.
Nick had to drive back to Toledo the next morning-but he came back on Friday!
We stayed at home for the weekend. On Saturday, we slept in and then got up and did some things around the house. I had a CPA exam on Saturday which I thought was at 2pm but turned out to be at 4. I went and did that and Nick went to Costco and brought us into the 21st century. Yes, we now own a TV. We made a compromise. We have a TV but we are not allowed to get Cable TV. So, we now have a 42" Plasma 1080 TV in our bedroom. We watched four movies over the weekend as we went to bed- all three Bourne movies (which we could watch over and over) and 21. We also went up to Parrott Mountain and saw the street of dreams. I will post pictures when I get them off Nick's camera-he went back to Toledo with it. We missed the Duck game, but they won!
On Sunday, we had breakfast with George (Nick's dad) and then we went and looked at paint colors. We tried to go shopping, but we forgot that stores close at 6pm on Sunday-shows how much we shop! We looked at some furniture at Macy's but didn't really find much that we wanted for the prices they had. Oh well! The floors are getting finished up on Thursday, so we will officially be able to bring in some furniture! Hurray!!!
Monday, we cleaned the gutters, hung out, went to California Pizza Kitchen, and spent time together. It was so nice to just lie in our very comfortable bed together and just giggle, chat and be together. It is seldom that we get to do this. It is funny how so many people need vacations from their significant other, or take them for granted-get annoyed with them etc. Nick and I get to spend so little time together that it is nice to just be together, and do nothing but "pillow talk" all day. No-"pillow talk" is not meant to be dirty-it is the time you spend in the covers, sunk into your ultra comfy bed just talking, laughing, spending time together. =)
The weekend was great! Only 1.5 weeks to vacation in McCall! Countdown begin!
No comments:
Post a Comment