Not a facelift like Heidi Montag - a blog lift!
- I have been thinking about re-tooling my blog a little bit. I think it needs a face lift, update, etc. This will require me to take more pictures - which might require a new camera. I am between getting a Cannon Rebel and a Nikon DX somthing or other. Any thoughts / likes / dislikes, etc? Anyway, bear with me while I do some of the transformaiton work.
- I also need to be better at writing in general. This will require me to either 1) do more exciting things 2) be ok with writing about the mundane day-to-day happenings - if I do 2 I will have to get better at talking about the mundane.
I haven't talked about what we are up to lately. I guess I get so entrenched in what we are doing that I forget that my blog was meant to update on what we are doing - not just the exciting stuff, but everything. So here goes:
- Nick is done working in Ontario, Oregon and is now working on I-405. The nice thing is that he is home. The not nice thing is that he is working nights. I feel bad for him because Trooper (our mini-aussie) wakes up when I get up to go to work which means Nick also has to get up. That means that poor Nick has not been getting very much sleep lately.
- We finally got our kitchen island wired, after a year and a half of having either no dishwasher or one that was hooked up via extension cord, we can finally use the island like it is meant to be used. This also means that we can finally start figuring out what kind of backspash to do.
- In other home improvement news, we have about 1/2 our baseboard trim up. It looks really amazing. I can't believe how much baseboard trim finishes off the look of a house.
- Nick has been busy working on a fence/gate for our backyard. We have lots of projects to do on the backyard and this is phase 1. Nick plans on building a shop in the back, the grass is all coming out so that we can level and then replant, the deck is coming off and we will do a covered patio area which hot tub and other cozy ammenities. I am really excited to turn the backyard into a place that feels like a vacation at home.
- We have been planning some really awesome trips: we loved the hotel we stayed at in Maui last May so much that we will be going back this year in April. In addition, we are planning a southern carribbean cruise in November. Hopefully, we can find some time in between when we can head out to McCall and spend some time relaxing out there. I have to say, after growing up without vacations, it sure is nice to get to go on several each year. I am so greatful for a husband that loves to travel and for 2 good jobs that give us the means to be able to take the vacations that we want to take. Sometimes it is easy to forget how lucky we really are for all the things that we have/get to do.
- At work, I have moved to a new division. I am working primarily with construction clients. I moved from one side of the floor to the other so it has been nice to get to know the people over on my new side better. I just have to be sure to keep up with everyone on the other side. :-)
1 comment:
Congrats on dishwasher being finally done! When you do back porch, seriously look @ moving septic out of way. Be careful not to crush drain field when doing lawn. It will be gorgeous when done, complete with auto-watering. Too bad it can't be auto-mowing! See what kinds of technology exists so hot tub won't be a chore to keep from cooties and mildews. Hot dog for a shop and a garage you can one day park in!
Love Momasita.
Post a Comment