Wednesday, March 17, 2010

B.U.S.Y. Spells BUSY!

We have been so busy lately! Between busy season (working 6 days a week or more), working on the back yard, and trying to get myslef back into shape - things are busy around here.

I applied for a job within my company to be a retirement educator and I didn't get the position. I was actually surprisingly ok with it and here is why - Nick and I are getting to the point where kids are a possibility in the next few years. This position was a no part time position and I would have felt so guilty if we decided it was time to start a family and I would have had to make a really hard choice about what to do.

I am still going to the gym 6 days a week in the mornings. There are some mornings where I really have to drag myself out of bed, but I am always glad that I went. I counted the number of mornings I have done. 21. The scale has not budged. Not that I am overweight or need to lose pounds, it is more about feeling and looking better and more toned. But still. I would expect that I would at least drop a pound or two, maybe?

I was introduced to an organic dairy here called the Noris Dairy. They have organic milk, cheese, yogurt, eggs, meat, sour cream, and butter. They deliver to your door weekly, like back in the day. I have deciced that it is worth a little extra money to have them deliver to us because I do get pretty nervous about what I am eating. It really isnt all that much more expensive, but then again, Nick and I really dont eat that much dairy.

I planted some of the veggies in my garden. Spinach, lettuce, onions, carrots, strawberries. Yummy. Nick is building me a greenhouse so that I can have fresh veggies all year. This year, we are adding on to our garden. We will be doing blueberries, grapes (which don't grow the first few years), lots of veggies, and I am currently trying to decide what kind of fruit trees I would like to have. My mantra is easy care items that taste delish! I loved my garden last year because it grew itself and I felt so good about eating it because it was completely 100% organic and natural. Nothing sprayed, added, subtracted - just pure food.

We planted some new trees. They will eventually create a privacy screen when they are bigger, but for now, they have a bit of a gap between them. They are called incense ceadars and they are really pretty. I will post picutres- when I get around to taking them and loading them!

Nick is still busy working on his fence, gate and other projects. I need to post those as well!

No comments: