Wednesday, March 3, 2010

People in Gyms surprise me all the time

So, I have fallen in love with spinning. It is such a great workout and I feel like I sweat so much that I must be getting a stellar workout. Most of the time when I go, I go to group ride which is to the same music every time and is designed to get the most bang for your buck in the shortest amount of time. Anyway - Monday and Friday are group ride days and Wednesday is Endurance cycle. On Tuesday Thursday and Saturday, I do group power which is a class with weights. OK, so my story:


I go to the classes at 5:30 am and I generally screech in just in time for the class to start. On group ride days, there seem to be plenty of bikes. Group power days are full, but I always get a spot. Sooo...I waltzed in to endurance cycle this morning and noticed that the class looked very full. Ok, if you know anything about spin classes, you know that the bikes are equiped with either toe clips if you have cycle shoes or harness things if you just wear tennis shoes (which is what I do) some of the bikes have both, some have clips only, some have harnesses only. So I walk in just as the class is getting started - Eureka! A bike! I go all the way over to the bike that is free in the corner. Are you kidding me?!? The bike is clip only. I scan the room - 90% of the people are wearing cycle shoes. HELLO!!! HAVE SOME COURTESY! IF YOU WEAR CYCLE SHOES, TRY TO GRAB A CLIP ONLY BIKE. Right. So I head out of the room. Rats. So then I take step. Mind you, I am not coordinated and on top of that, I rolled my ankle throwing a tennis ball for Trooper on flat ground in our back yard over the weekend so it is pretty tender. I huff my way through step managing to stay off beat the whole time! I even kicked my step off the risers and had to bend over and reset it to which the instructor goes "that happens from time to time, you just gassed it up a little too much" -awesome. On top of that, I am pretty sure all of the people in step have been going to years, they knew all the steps before they happened. Alright, so I leave the step room sweating - not so bad. I walk by the cycle room - now keep in mind I said it was endurance cycle which means it is from 5:30 - 6:45 (step was only 1 hour) - and what did I see, half of the bikes were vacant. Those losers deciced to do only a portion of the workout taking a bike from someone who would have stayed the whole workout! Lovely.

1 comment:

Our Pratt Pack said...

Tisk Tisk I don't get surprised much by people anymore there's some crazy inconsiderate people out there!