Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Randomness

  • I got a text with a picture of Ali (sister) and Jordan (her youngest, 2). Jordie requested a picture of Trooper (our dog) and I sent one. Jordie said (via Ali's reply test) Trooper is a cute dog. Aparantly, he is currently putting dogs into 2 categories, "cute" and "ugly"
  • I watched Food, Inc. I cannot believe our food system. This movie has made me look at food and the grocery store in a completely different light.
  • I am currently training for a 1/2 marathon as posted yesterday. At the same time, I am trying to build muscle - so my workouts consist of running and "splits" - which refer to body parts. While in the future, I will split further, I am currently doing Shoulders/Chest/Triceps on Tuesday and Friday and Legs/Biceps/Back on Monday and Thursday. Wednesday/Saturday are reserved for core and these are my least favorite days. The running happens on Tues, Wed, Thurs, Sat and Sun with major runs on Tues, Thurs and Sun.
  • Lately, there are many things that make me happy:
      • going to the gym
      • hiking around this beautiful state
      • working a little less than the past few months
      • eating healthy and feeling more energized
      • spending weekends with my husband
      • seeing things come together with our house
      • watching my dog play and playing with him
      • smiling and laughing
      • enjoying my job for the first time in several years
      • upcoming vacation to maui
      • thinking about  blowing the dust off my mountain bike and blowing up the tires.
      • being on the same page as my husband regarding life and our direction - giving up my necessity to plan everything all the time and just enjoying the now and enjoying how amazing our lives are now and not worrying about the what-if's.

No comments: