Baby Bear has been moving around A LOT lately. He punches, kicks, rolls, stretches, pushes and whatever else he is doing all alone in there. He is STRONG! Sometimes he moves hard enough to kind of hurt! I think that he has gotten used to Trooper's barking (I hope!) He doesn't seem to "startle" when Trooper starts barking. With any luck, he will sleep right through his doggie barking when he is on the outside.
Names. Ugh. I wish that names were easy. No, we still don't have a name - or even a top contender for that matter. Granted, he won't be officially named until we meet him, but I would love to have top contending names going in...yikes! Somehow, girls names are so much easier - Harper, Brie and Ellie were among my favorites for girls. I won't even venture to tell you any of the names I "kinda" like for boys lest someone make a comment on whether they like or hate - I am very impressionable when it comes to name association so I definitely don't need to add in any more associations when thinking about a name. If you have suggestions, feel free to add them to the comments, I am always looking for a good suggestion. I just feel like I should hear a name and be like, thats it! Like we did with Trooper. We worked on a name for that little guy for over a week and then one day, we were in New York City at a cafe in the pouring rain sipping on a delish cup of joe and I looked out to see the dumbest looking FJ cruiser with a snorkel on the front, parked at a cafe right outside ground zero - I mean, who needs an FJ cruiser with a snorkel in NYC anyway? But the license plate said Trooper, and like a bolt of lightening, we were like, THAT'S IT! His name is Trooper! I want the name for our son to feel like that. And when I named my former dog Pax, it took equally long to name him...but his name just felt right when I finally settled on it.
And ps, some people complain that their husbands are too opinionated about names, my complaint is opposite. Nick has almost zero opinion on names. Not good for a completely indecisive type like me. I will let you in on a little secret though, baby bear does have a middle name - so we are 2/3 of the way to a name...that's a start!
_________ Nicholas B
So what is in a middle name? Greek tradition (yall may not be aware that Nick's grandpa came over from Greece to Oregon, Nick's Dad is full Greek, making Nick 1/2 Greek) dictates that all boys get their father's first name as their middle name which I think is a sweet tradition, so there you have it, Nicholas as the middle name was a super easy choice.
Alright, I am off to get my day started. Blogging isn't particularly good time management!
2 comments:
what are you talking about, blogging is a great way to waste time! You'll find a name.. something will hit you, and try and hard as you can NOT to tell other people's name associations affect you, or your Baby will end up with just the name "Baby"... because everyone has an association of some kind with every name. :-)
Maverick
Post a Comment