Friday, May 3, 2013

Updates on Life Spring 2013

I have been a bad blogger. But the weather has been gorgeous which isn't particularly typical of late April / Early May so I feel like I have an excuse. Still. Time passes quickly and without any kind of update, I find it easy to forget little things. Like these:

  • Barrett loves spoons right now. He carries several of them around with him almost all the time. He knows which drawer they are kept in and will open it up and reach (because he can't see in) and try to get a few of them to carry around. He then uses them for all kinds of things. Eating, digging outside, just carrying them. 
  • Barrett also loves rocks and will pick them up from our gravel area on our driveway or in parks or anywhere else. He will frequently find ones that he deems good enough to hold onto and will hand them over to me for safe-keeping. 
  • Barrett loves trucks, tractors, equipment, backhoes, etc. He will play with the toy ones inside and out and spends a lot of time near the mini-excavator in our backyard hoping that someone will run it with him. He knows how to put the key in and turn it to "on" but can't start it yet. He knows that the red lever needs to go down for it to operate. 
  • Still not talking. I have a suspicion that he is trying to say "mini" when he points out any equipment he sees in a book or magazine. He says uh-oh, yea and while I am sure he can still say it, he hasn't said hot lately. 
  • I am veeeery pregnant and while I am a whole 20lbs lighter this time than I was with Barrett, I am very uncomfortable and at my "38 week" appointment (I think I am mis-dated and was actually at 39 weeks 2 days) I was measuring "generously" as my doctor put it. He wouldn't even tell me. I know that at "37 weeks" I was measuring 42...so perhaps I don't really want to know. 
  • C-section date is still May 8 and knowing that in my family, the women hold onto babies for like, ever...I have no hope that this minion will come early. 5 more days of being suuuper pregnant, suuuper huge and suuuuper uncomfortable. Then I will just have to get used to having 2 littles around, which I am sure will be challenging. Have I mentioned how much I dread breastfeeding again? I did it for a year with Barrett and for all intents and purposes, it went well. I just don't enjoy it. But I do it because it's what you do. So, gulp. Here we go again. 
  • Barrett is napping 100% of the time in either his stroller (bob) if we are here at home, or in the car seat if we are on the go. He no longer uses the infant car seat...mostly because we need it for little #2. 
  • Speaking of sleep. I go to bed with Barrett almost every night at 8:30 (Im pregnant, give me a break) and he generally gets up for the day between 6:30 and 8am. No, he doesn't sleep thru but he wakes 1-4 times to eat and then back to sleep. Maybe someday...
  • I worked my very last day yesterday...and I have no idea when the next time I will work is. (other than doing books for Bezates Construction). It's really weird to have an indefinitely last day. I love working for the social aspect and also for the accomplishment of it but I also love spending time at home with my little guy. I hope in the near future to have a similar situation as before, work 2 days and home the rest of the time, but if that doesn't work out, I am super happy just being home with my kiddos. We have bull intentions of spending many days at Stafford Hills club swimming in the pool and generally enjoying the outdoors. I am hopeful they have swim lessons this summer for the little guys. So excited!!
  • I am getting better and better at sitting back and just enjoying/cherishing life and enjoying the little things. Our backyard really is becoming a sanctuary as we complete various projects and as the trees and plants we planted begin to mature and grow taller. I am learning that sometimes it is nice to just sit back here and enjoy the quiet, enjoy what we have worked so hard on. I need to do a post on what we have done but it includes concrete, stepping stones, fences, trees, plants, a fire pit table top, etc. We are still working on getting some grass down and a sprinkler system, which will allow us to just sit back and enjoy it. Our to do list is getting shorter and shorter. Also, we are almost ready to submit plans to the county to build a shop back here! Very exciting because Nick really needs one. And so does my garage. I am hopeful that in no time, I will be parking my car in the garage :D
  • Anyway, that's kind of us in a nutshell right now. Nothing earth shattering, but life is good - uncomfortable from being so pregnant - but good. 
Boring post. No pictures. Sigh. Maybe next time. 

1 comment:

Jessica said...

I'm glad you are sitting back and enjoying life more! I know its hard, especially for someone like you who is driven. :-) Your backyard is awesome and your kids are so lucky to grow up with that and enjoy running around in it!
And like I always (at this point, probably annoyingly) say.. you'll figure out 2 kids! Millions of families do... another little to love and get love back from, watch grow and smile at Momma and snuggle with. :-) I know I can't wait!