This past weekend, Nick and I went to Eugene. I drove down on Friday afternoon with my friend Jen (she was going to meet Kacy, her boyfriend who works with Nick and continue down to Medford for a wedding). Nick drove from Ontario and met up with me down there. Nick and I went to BJ's with Jen, Kacy, my sisters Ali and Heidi, Ali's husband Brandon and thier son Tanner. Dinner was lots of fun. We all shared two Pazookies at then end. After dinner, Jen and Kacy left for Medford and the rest of us went bowling. I have pictures wich I will post when I get Nick's camera back (he took it to Ontario before I could download them!). Nick and Brandon engaged in some friendly competition and I think that Bradon won with a very impressive score. Heidi managed to get exactly 100! Tanner had a great time but managed to smash is fingers between two balls at one point. Of course, not five minutes after he recovered from the tears, he was back to doing the same thing that got them smashed in the first place! How quickly 4 year olds forget! The next day, Nick and I went over what my parents wanted to do with thier backyard. Nick will do the demolition and site prep work for the project when it gets underway.
Back in Portland that same day, Nick and I went to dinner at Pastini's with Derrick and Tammy and then went mini-golfing in Wilsonville. (I have pictures of that too, on Nick's camera). We had a lot of fun but didn't keep score so I'm not sure who won.
Nick is back in Ontario and I am back to school. I have 10 days remaining and then I am done! I wish I could say that Nick had 10 days remaining in Ontario. I am ever hopeful that he will be pulled back to a job that they get here in town. Here's to hoping! If not, it is a great oportunity for him to learn and grow as a project engineer and someday, project manager! This is an old link but when they began the Ontario job, he was featured in the newspaper. You can find the article here.
No comments:
Post a Comment