On the one hand, this is a blessing is disguise because the repairs (cash out of pocket) to fix the major issues would be huge with a low return when we go to sell. On the other hand, my dream of being in a house soon has been squashed for now. I know, I know, there are other houses out there and this is probably one of those "it happened for a reason" things. That said, I am just having a harder and harder time being in the apartment, squished in, one bathroom, no nice furniture, etc.
I know, I should be greatful that I have a place to live at all. I don't know, it just gets to be hard sometimes, you know? I mean, I married the man of my dreams, I am thrilled to spend the rest of my life with him, I just want that time to be spent in a home that is ours, a home that we can stretch out it, a home that we can get furniture for and have more than one area to hang out it...hey, maybe even have more than one living are so that if someone wants to watch TV, we are not all stuck either watching it or hearing it.
I know that it will happend eventually, I just feel like I have been so patient, we have been "Actively" looking with a realtor since Septemberr 2007 and I just worry that we will still be looking in September 2008.
My dreams of owning a house revolve around several key items, here they are:
- Having an office to be able to study and work in
- Being able to have family members come and stay, comfortably
- Being able to host dinners or the like for friends and family
- Having my own furniture
- Having a dresser in a room that is not horribly cramped
- Having a larger closet
- A garage to put things like bikes in instead of taken apart in the bedroom
- 2 or more bathrooms!
- A yard that is fenced to have a dog in!
- The ability to decorate or paint or whatever because it is MINE to do what I want
- No speed bumps when coming home!
- Being able to eat dinner at a dinner table, NO TV while eating, NO eating on the couch, NO eating on the floor
- Having the stereo hooked up so that I can listen to music
- Not having people above me
- Not having people come home and shine their head-lights into my room late at night when I am trying to fall asleep.
There, that is a somewhat comprehensive list....
No comments:
Post a Comment