Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Update On Paging Tokyo

So apparantly, my sister found my post about Nick and his snowshoeing poles paging Tokyo simply HI-larious! Hurray for kampisms, a case of the giggles strike again! What Ali did not know when she read my blog was this...the poles that Nick has BEAMING out of his back pack are actually mine...thats right folks, not only was my husband nice enough to carry my poles for me, but he had that caption written by me and was laughed at, oh the hillarity of it all!

Background on the poles. We decided (quite geniously i might add) to get poles prior to our first outing on snowshoes. This was smart because when we did go snowshoeing, we went in McCall which had over 4 feet of pillowy soft powder and contrary to popular belief, you do not "float" on powder with snowshoes on, you just dont sink quite as far if you wear them. This is where the poles come in, they are, of course, helpful for balance...but they can also act as a lever when you sink and fall down. Instead of being helpless (I have fallen, and I can't get up!) you use the pole to crank yourself upright. Ok, major sidetrack. Anyway...

So Nick and I go to REI to buy poles. True to form, Nick selects the most modern, compact, fold up and practically put in your pocket poles. Yes, that's right, he selects the wow those poles are so cool poles. I, on the other hand, try to act like I am a saver, look, my poles were $20 less than yours, look at what a bargain hunter I am! Nevermind that they are long and not as modern as yours...

Which brings us to the snowshoe race. We decide to bring our poles. Nick fastens his poles onto his backpack and I smile, hey, you have two sides to that backpack! Would you puhleeeeeze put my poles on there too? Your poles are HUGE he answered back, but put them on anyway, because he is the best husband ever! As we started the race, they kept wacking him in the head, at which point he threw me one of those nasty type glaces which reminded me that being thrifty is not always the way to go...oops. So...I couln't help myself when I put the pictures on the blog...I just had to put the caption in that would make it appear as though Nick had bought the dumb long poles. You're welcome Ali, everyone needs a belly laugh from time to time!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So, I came to your blog for the first time today and read the Paging Tokyo bit! I am at work and laughed outloud!!! People here think I'm a nut anyways, but then you start laughing outloud in public, when no one is around, and they really think you've lost your noodle. Oh well...it gave me a much needed giggle! Thanks...miss you guys...let's do dinner sometime in your wonderfully romantic kitche!!!

Love Camilla