Tuesday, March 11, 2008

About us

If you know us, this part may be a little boring, however, I am going to operate under the assumption that you do no know us, feel free to skip if this bores you.

I started this blog when I realized that between living away from the town I grew up in and trying to remember what I did during the last year, blogging would possibly be a great way to keep myself and other updated. There was a part of me that doubted I would actually stick to the blogging thing, but surprisingly, I am still at it, albeit some boring posts.

Nick and I grew up in different towns. Nick lived in Ontario, Oregon until the summer between his 7th and 8th grade year when his parents decided to move across the state to Eugene (fortunately for me).

I grew up in Eugene, and did not move across the state, just across town. I grew up with 1 older sister, 1 younger brother, and 1 younger sister.

Nick and I first met in 8th grade, however, it was not until we were Freshman in High School and had International High School Classes together that I really began to notice him. Nick played football, I played volleyball. I had the misfortune of having shoulder issues, which brought me to the trainers room daily before practice to ice. Nick had the misfortune of tearing his ACL, causing him to have to spend time in the trainers office. It was there, that I developed a crush, a crush that would never quite resolve itself, but would also keep itself hidden until Junior year in College (September 2003).

While I quietly had my crush on Nick, we each persued other parts of life. I spent my Junior year in high school abroad, Nick spent his with another knee injury, but as an all star football player too. We both graduated from high school and enrolled in the University of Oregon, having lost touch back in High School.

During Fall term 2003, I began to work out at the Student Recreation Center at the U of Oregon, and to my surprise, found that Nick worked there. There was less working out, and more talking during that term. Nick envited me to a Sheldon High School Football game, which I went to and scored a hot chocolate. I scored more than that on that night. I finally, after 7 years of having a crush on this very hadsome man, told him.

Nick moved to Corvallis to go to Oregon State University for Construction Engineering Management. I continued at the University of Oregon, spending a term in Italy. After graduation, I moved to Corvallis to be closer to Nick.

Eventually, we moved to Portland once he graduated (2006) and he became a project manager at Kerr Contractors, I worked at Portland State University and began working towards my accounting degree. In January 2007, I got the opportunity to work at AKT, LLP as an itern while I finished school.

In July 2007, I accepted a full time position with AKT. In December 2007, we were married. February 2008, we purchased our first home together. Now, we live happily together in our new home, enjoying every moment of married life, friends, our home, and all of life's surprises.

No comments: