Tuesday, March 11, 2008

First Night Alone

Tonight will mark the first night I sleep alone in the new house. For Nick's benefit, I should mention that he has already spent a night alone because I spent Saturday night down in Eugene at my parents because of Ali's baby shower, which was very nice, by the way.

I was up at *gasp* the unbearable before 5am hours. Yes, and on the very day that followed "Spring Forward." The alarm went off, and Nick, as always, sprang out of bed...I rolled over and probably grumbled something that was total jibberish to Nick. And yes, as always happens when I have a reason to be up early, Nick had to remind me various times that I should get out of bed. Oh how easy it becomes to reduce the amount of time you believe you need to get ready when you don't want to get up. The energy I use counting minutes...hm, it should take me .5 minutes to select clothing, 1 minute to brush my hair and deoderize myself...yes, I should be able to get ready in 3 minutes, 5 tops. Ha ha, only a comfortably sleeping Kenzie has the ability to convince herself that she is this quick in the morning.

Anyway, I dragged myself out of bed way too early, drove Nick and George to the airport, and they took off to ConExpo in Las Vegas. Which brings us back to the beginning of the post. Yes, I will be alone in the house for 4 nights. I will survive.

It's such a bummer how baby fever hits, to switch topics on you, sorry. Ali is about to deliver. I, as you all know, have just gotten married. And yes, like other women in my position, I have started to get that itch, much to the chagrin of my husband. I find myself mentioning it more and more. I am sure that Nick has noticed, sorry sweetheart. I found myself mentioning to him the other night, "guess what, if we got pregnant now, I would be due in December, thus completely allowing me to take all of busy season off next year..." Nick's response was "yeah, that would be nice" which he meant as kind of a ha ha type thing, and I took as, lets get to work! Ugh. I really thought that waiting for a few years was what I wanted to do...but that was then. The big problem is, I have been hearing about people and their fertility problems more and more, from blogs, personal conversations, etc. I get worried that if we wait and that happens to us. I know, probably unfounded, but you never know. I guess this is me venting. You know, this may be the most personal I have gotten on my blog. Hm.

No comments: