Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Spreadsheets

I dream in spreadsheets. You heard me right, I dream about the problems I have to work out at work to get things to work properly, and many of these problems stem from Spreadsheets. Thus, I dream in spreadsheets.

I came home on Sunday night after almost a month of traveling to find that my house is "that house." You know, the one in the nice neigborhood that everyone drives by and says...what is the deal, don't those people care about their yard? Don't get me wrong, I love having acreage, I LOVE it! I cherish and am thankful for my home. Nick is gone a lot, and I have been traveling a lot. This does not make having property easy! Our choice is to either be "that house" or to hire help, a thought that I shudder at because why should I work hard at my job so that I can pay someone to do the things that I do not have time to do at my own house. That is like working your butt off to earn a living and pay for childcare so then your child spends all day away from you, and you are working to keep them in childcare, and on and on. I can imagine what the conversation was like if I went to part time to take care of the house...

WORK: So you want to go to part time?
ME: Yes
WORK: Are you pregnant?
ME: No
WORK: Well then, why would you like to go to part time?
ME: To work on my house and do yard work.

Yeah, that would go over well! =)

No comments: