Monday, August 11, 2008

Wonderful Weekend

This was a great weekend. I got to see Nick for 2 whole days which is the longest I have seen him since the 4th of July.

I was so excited to see him-unfortunately, he ended up getting stuck at the coast on Friday and my excitement became more like frustration and a small pitty party. I get so little time with Nick and I have found that this summer, in particular, when he finally has a moment to come and spend with me-it is often taken up with doing more work that keeps him away. Call me selfish-but having him work out of town 100% of the time makes me a little possessive of his time-

I don't write about my feelings related to him being gone a lot on this blog, because at times, the feelings are not exactly positive. The hardest part is the fact that our first year of marriage has been spent largely separate. While I do try to keep a positive outlook and I know that we have opportunites that other people don't have due to the incentives of him working out of town-I won't lie, it gets hard.

What I find is the most difficult is not him leaving, no-it is the adjustment of his coming and going. I get used to him being with me for a day, he leaves and it is an adjustment having him gone-then later, when he returns, it is an adjustment having him come home.

The other difficult issue is the "real" things one has to deal with in marriage. There are discussions that have to be had, finances to be dealt with, big decisions to be made with the house-all of which have to happen in our small amount of time together, which can really drag you down-because who wants to discuss these things when you have few moments together anyway?

So back to the weekend-
Nick taught me how to run a bead with the weldor. I have a long way to go but I am learing. I have pictures, I will post them. We worked around the house, went to dinner with his dad, went to lunch with his mom, went to Hancock-which was just okay-and managed to have time to discuss some more important things, like the house and such. We are still without a kitchen, but there is light at the end of the tunnel. We also talked more about our plans to move to McCall, eventually. I cannot wait for that day to come-no more Portland rat race...that would make me so happy!

No comments: