Friday, January 30, 2009

25 things about me

I have been seeing a lot of these 25 things about me things lately. I figure I will give it a go and see if I can think of 25 interesting things-and tag...Amanda, Ali (even though she doesn't blog anymore), and anyone else that wants to do this.

1) I have lived in 3 different countries in my life and speak 3 languages (Italian and lived in Siena, Italy-Spanish and lived in Spain-and English)

2) My favorite season is winter and I LOVE the snow! I love to do any sport/activity in the snow and could watch snow fall for hours!

3) I am probably the most indecisive person you will ever meet and change my mind about big life decisions on a daily basis. I have no idea what I want to be when I grow up and don't seem to have a career in mind that is, and has always been my "true passion"

4) I have to ask myself every day how I managed to find a guy as amazing as my husband. He is so supportive, understanding and loving. There are few women I know that are as comfortable with their person as I am with Nick and never, even for a second have to worry about their other half. Nick never wears his wedding ring and I have never been upset or frustrated by this.

5) A glass of wine with your friends is priceless!

6) I have had the same best friend since I was 2!

7) I have known I would marry the man that I married since freshman year in high school (1997), he just didn't know it until later (as in 2003).

8) When we were young, all 4 of my siblings and I shared a room- and for a short time, my 3 cousins came and lived with us and all 7 of us shared one room with three of us sleeping on one king sized bed.

9) I used to grind my teeth in my sleep so bad that if I slept in a room with other people, they would usually send me packing.

10) While I have trouble remembering many things (such as things that I studied in college) I can remember things from when I was very little (like ages 1-4) with uncanny accuracy.

11) When I was young, 20 years old seemed ancient-now that I am almost 26, I have to say-20 is pretty darn young!

12) I may be one of the slowest re-modelers in the world (we have been working on it for almost a year now and we still have to put up trim and do other small things like electrical) but at least progress has been made!

13) I don't have a favorite food or a favorite color and I hate it when people ask these questions. You will learn no more about me from asking this question than you knew before you asked.

14) McCall, ID is quite possibly the most amazing place on earth and will someday be known as home.

15) My goal is to make it to all 7 continents before I die.

16) My little sister is one of my heroes, she has always marched to her own beat, works extremely hard for everything, never judges, is really funny and makes me laugh til I cry frequently, and succeeds in all she does.

17) I have only broken one bone and only gotten one stitch in my life. The bone was my cuboid bone in my foot and the stitch was from the removal of a mole.

18) On a medical note, I have never been to the ER (for myself).

19) Family is so important to me, I would go to the ends of the earth for them and quit my dream job in a heartbeat if they needed me.

20) My dad is one of the most incredible individuals I know. He is the only person I know that was sent to war, went to Vietnam, had unthinkable experiences and decided to join the peace corps once he finished college to do something to help the world. Once he came back from the peace corps, he proceeded to have 4 kids, who he always put before himself, and still does.

21) My husband adores technology-I don't. There are several, very simple technology things that I don't know how to do. I have no idea how to set my phone to use T9 word when I text so I have to press each button a certain number of times to get my text to work (i.e. 3 taps on the 2 key to get a letter c), for this reason, I had text messaging and will probably call you rather than text you.

22) I am more comfortable in a loud and noisy house than one that is quiet-growing up with 4 siblings, there was always something going on and I have a hard time adjusting to quite life.

23) The natuzzi leather couches in our living room cost $450 on craigslist and would have cost about $4,000 new. I love craigslist but it has also turned me into somewhat of a cheap-o.

24) I dream in Spanish.

25) I am not a born accountant, nor do I have the personality for it or the business world in general-that said, I give my all to everything I try and strive to be great and everything I do.

26) For good measure-I am not, by nature, an organized or neat/tidy person-I envy Ali for her skills in the department. She has always been organized and tidy (when she potty trained, she never once wet the bed-I was not this perfect).

Wow, 25 was kinda hard!

No comments: