Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Dogs are Carefree

My dog could teach me (and others) a thing or two about life, optomism and happiness.
  • He is always excited to see his "people"
  • He asks for very little (food, attention, exercise and being let out when he needs to go)
  • He is an amazing cuddler and is a.o.k if we move him around to make ourselves more comfortable
  • We neutered him and doesn't seem to care that he is missing important "man parts"
  • From a dead sleep, he is ready to go at a moments notice
  • He never complains about car trips, no matter how long
  • Even after we leave him in the car, he is still just happy that we came back
Sometimes it is hard not to allow myself to get down about the things that aren't going right in my life. I should only have to look as far as my puppy to see that you don't really need much to be happy. There are things that I want that aren't happening as quickly as I would like - expanding our family and finishing our house - and I admit, I get really down about these things, namely, the expanding our family part - but what I should do is look to my puppy and realize that while there are things that I want that aren't panning out for me, I have a lot to be really happy about.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

don't forget the pure joy a puppy feels when a friend comes over to play. :-)