We will be dumping the clawfoot. The problem with our clawfoot is that the water level remains well below the rim. So low, in fact, that there is no deep soaking going on it it at all, I have even resorted to stuffing things in the overflow to try to get it to hold water. So with that, the clawfoot will be getting the ol' heave-ho and we will be getting a tub, a nice deep soaking tub. We will be surrounding said tub with white subway tiles and adding a shower as well. The plan is to get a 6' tub, the current one is a 5' which is the standard size. It will also be 36" wide, a standard tub is 32" - so basically, this thing is going to be a bathing dream. The decision has come down to the following tubs:
American Standard Cadet
American Standard Colony
Kohler Archer
Kohler Mariposa
We are leaning toward the Kohler Archer...thoughts?
3 comments:
Oh sad - but understandable! I like the archer the best too. I would encourage you to look into whether or not you can get plumbing on the side... it's such a luxury to be able to sit on either side. :)
I say whatever you do don't go with the American Standard cuz that's what we have at the good ol' parents house and it's no no bueno. I vote you go in and test out the tubs like some crazed preggers woman in the stores.
I agree with Amanda, I think the Archer since its square and you can sit on either side, or stuff a bunch of kids in there for a tub party. I know mine will join! Plus that looks like it will fit me best, since I will be coming to your house regularly to bathe. :-)
Post a Comment