I am thrilled to be having a little boy - and with Nick knowing so much about boy things (think trucks, real tractors (we have 2 excavators in our back yard and a riding mower), welding, building things, etc) this little boy will definitely have a lot to follow daddy around and do. And lets be honest, I am probably more suited to be a mommy to a little boy (lack of design knowledge, lack of fashion sense, general lack of interest in most things uber girly - i.e. shopping, decorating, getting dolled up) with general interests in nature, the outdoors, hiking, running, sports, wearing sweatpants whenever I can get away with it, etc. Yep, pretty much thinking that being a mom to a baby boy will suit me just fine!
So here is where we stand with house projects:
Bathroom:
I think it is funny that the insulation says manville all over - don't ask, it's just funny
We are still in the studs and sub floor stage.
We have purchased the tub, the tub faucets, the sink console, the sink faucet, the medicine cabinet, the light over the medicine cabinet, hardware like hooks-toilet paper holder-magazine rack.
We have yet to purchase the toilet, floor and shower wall tiles, cement hardy board for under the tiles and for all the walls, any plumbing that is necessary for toilet-shower-sink, paint.
Guest Bedroom:
I have taken apart the canopy bed (I am thinking about selling it) and put together the oak and brass bed but only used the head board. This really made the room feel bigger!!! I moved the oak file cabinet in to this room from the office. It matches the armoire and the bed and works as a bed-side table and makes for one less thing for me to deal with in clearing out the baby's room.
This room is currently the holding area for the guest bathroom stuff (medicine cabinet, etc) and will hopefully be cleared out soon!
Things that we will do with this room down the road: Paint (I am thinking a pottery barn grey), new carpets (I do not like the carpets in any of the bedrooms), add artwork.
Baby's room:
Recall - It looked like this:
And now it looks like this:
I have been working really hard to clear this room out. This was the office/storage room. Our house lacks storage space big time! The problem with the stuff this room stored is that they are important things like yearbooks, pictures, etc. We have decided that since our cabin has a ton of storage space, we will take the stuff out there. That way we know it wont get damaged. **Side note, when we build our dream home, we will be building ample storage - who builds a house with closets in the rooms and a small linen closet and that is IT for climate controlled storage??? Seriously! **
I have made a pile of things to go to the cabin and then there is a Nick pile of things he needs to go through and determine what needs to happen to it.
Things to do: Buy baby furniture, put up curtains, new carpet, closet organization system.
This is the theme/color scheme I will be going for:
Pottery barn Peter Rabbit
In other project news, we have been working outside too. We ripped out a stump in the front and then I planted rhodies which I would take a pic of but it's raining. Here are the before and during pics:
Yes, that is Trooper riding on the excavator with Nick.
And finally - Trooper ate some sour candies (I'm not going to say who they belonged to...ehem, me) and had to go to the vet. He spent a few hours there detoxing (doggy rehab if you will) and came home looking like this:
But then he got some quality cuddle time with daddy and felt better




1 comment:
I have several things to say:
1. Manville?? that is so appropriate and hilarious!
2. I am actually really interested in talking to you about buying that 4-poster bed from you. I've always LOVED it!
3. Good job cleaningo out the baby's room!
4. When can we start painting/decorating said baby's room???? I love painting!
5. poor Troopie!!! I'm glad he is better!!!
6. Love you!
Post a Comment