I have been busy trying to get Baby Bear's things together in the nursery. He is one lucky guy - he has a ton of clothes and various goodies from Auntie Ali, and he finally has a crib (no mattress but that will come!) thanks to Grammy Joni.
We have been busy doing laundry, putting the crib together (I did that!), trying to figure out where everything will go in the nursery, etc. The placement of things is difficult because the room is pretty small and we are trying to cram a crib, dresser, daybed and rocker in there. We will see what we can do with the space.... I am also having trouble with the dresser. I purchased it at a garage sale (something I haven't done before) and the drawers have a smell to them. They smell like they may have spent time in a smokers house - which is way not working for me. I put baking soda in the drawers for like a month and the smell is still there. Does anyone have any tips? The dresser is solid wood.
So here is what we have going on in the room that will someday be fit for a baby (more of a disaster area at the moment)
The crib is from the Goodnight Room here in Portland is is the Annabelle 4-in-1 by Million Dollar Baby. It currently is home to all the clean clothes as they come out of the dryer because I don't want any of the baby clothes in the dresser for fear that they will end up smelling like the drawers do.
Here is a view inside - as you can see, there is a whole lot that needs to be done, and the final placement of furniture is not definite...This room never seemed little until we actually started trying to use it for something other than our personal junk dumping ground.
A small fraction of the loot from Auntie Ali! This little guy will be one stylin' dude! And I think it is pretty funny that he will end up wearing most of the same clothes that his cousins wore! So fun!!



1 comment:
hmm.. you can get odor eating crystals, I think Freddy's has them, or I know for sure Bed Bath & Beyond and The Container Store has them. that might help get rid of the smell.
Post a Comment