Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Tile votes


Hi guys, I need some help. 

Around the shower above the tub in the guest bathroom, we are doing a brick pattern.  (or subway, whatever you call it).

I need help deciding on a final tile for the surround:

These are 6x8 glossy white (larger than normal subway) tiles

Here is a picture of the tile that would go around the surround with the darker tile below being what we are using as flooring. (Gotta love using Home Depot's floor as a showcase!)

These are some type of ceramic and I can't tell if they are 6x8 or if they are 9x12, also in a brick pattern.

 Here is the darker and larger tile. The square tile, again, is the floor. A side note, these tiles actually look slightly different from eachother in real life. One of the big differences is that the tile for the shower has a rough "slate" feel to it and the floor tile is smooth. 

Keep in mind, there is a white tub that sits between the two tiles so you won't actually see them mashed together like this. 

I asked him what he thought but he was just bummed that I wouldn't throw his ball.



Speaking of dogs. Please Please Please, remember when it's hot out, your car is an oven and is deadly to dogs. Take them in or leave them home. 

Oh and PS - here is a progress pic of the master bathroom. 

Excuse the mess. 

Items completed
Cabinets painted
New Hardware on cabinets
Part of floors installed
Trim painted
Walls painted (touch-ups needed) I had Miller paint lighten the green and I am liking it a bit better

Left to do
Finish floor
Touch up paint
Frame the mirror
Paint countertop
Install baseboard trim
Put up towel racks etc.

So close to finished!! 

3 comments:

Jessica said...

I like the white subway tile. it's so clean and fresh looking, I think you'll like how crisp it looks in your bathroom.

Jesica said...

I agree with Jess, I like the glossy white subway tiles, but keep in mind I'm OBSESSED with white lately...and gray...and blue. But white, go with the white!

Amanda said...

Agreed. I think the white is really classic and will match more decor. FUN!! Love the updates to the master! It's really coming together and I like the green. :)