Here is the babies dresser/changing table. I am a total idiot and didn't take a before picture. It was oak and had dark hinges that were super old. It was sanded with my palm sander, repainted with 2 coats of behr paint, sponged with an antiquing stain, rubbed down with bleach water and accessorized with some new hardware. Voila! Finito!
Here is a close up of the hardware purchased at Home Depot of all places for less than $3 each!
Total cost of this dresser:
1. Dresser purchased at Home Depot: $10
2. Paint from my sister in law: Free
3. Hardware from Home Depot: $2.85 each * 7 = $19.95
4. Antique stain from my sister in law: Free
5. Clear coat from Fred Meyer: $2.85
Grand total: $32.80
Nixed the wallpaper. Shipping was $16.95 plus the $63 for the actual paper...That's well over 2x the cost of the whole dresser!! And for drawer liners that hardly anyone will see, no thank you!
I follow this blog from time to time for various ideas and do it yourself tips. I love what they did with their bathroom above. We will be adding a mirror frame like the one in the picture and I love love love the paint color. She nicely shared her paint color - Sherwin Williams 6164. So I went to Miller Paint and had them match the color. They have the SW color swatches and they are able to make the color exactly the same....
But this is what mine looks like....um, I don't even think these are the same color at all. Aaaaahhhh. This was not what I was going for at all. I am off to Miller to see if they can lighten the remaining gallon of paint because I used the antimicrobial paint which is a staggering $30 per gallon. I really don't want to have to purchase a whole new paint gallon. This is supposed to be a color called Svelte Sage. I am not seeing the Sveltness of the color.
This is what our entryway tile is going to look like once we get it all put down. We chose 18x18 tiles with very small grout lines. I love the look of a less busy tile pattern. These are Dal tile porcelain tiles. They have the look of travertine without the maintenance (you have to seal real stone every 6 or so months) and without the fill in the tiles that you get when you have natural porous stone. I love the way they will look when they are done! So excited to get this project done!!





2 comments:
So, funny I just did the EXACT same thing regarding your dresser. Just completely gave it a remodel and forgot the BEFORE pic, duh! I was going to post about it today and I feel so dumb for not having a before! Glad to know I'm not the only one!
I still like your bathroom color.. I think once the room is done and decorated the color won't look so "blah".... but that is just me. :-)
Post a Comment