Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Woa, I'm ahead of the game!


I am starting to feel very ready for baby. I think that overall, we have most of the big things that we need! I feel super prepared – most people I know haven’t been this ready until much further along in their pregnancies so I definitely feel like patting myself on the back – because if you know me like I know me, we know that I am one of the biggest procrastinators out there.

I just ordered a couple of the larger things on-line. From Amazon.com,  we got the Sealy Posturepedic no spring soy and latex organic crib mattress. While it was more expensive than some of the more conventional mattresses, I liked several things about this mattress (and I will definitely update again once baby sleeps on it). I like that it is organic, that soy is renewable and non-toxic, that it is not covered in a plastic chemical filled cover, that it has 2 sides, a baby side and a toddler side, that it is super lightweight (12lbs) and that Amazon.com will ship it to my house for free!

I ordered a futon cover for the futon couch that is in the babies room so that it matches better. I ordered one from Overstock.com in a cream color. I will review when it arrives.

Gap.com was having a 30% off sale so I took the time to order some nursing tanks and nursing sleep bras. These should come in handy when I get to that point, and it will be nice to have them already and not be freaking out when I have a baby and don’t have these nursing necessities!

As far as the big things go, I think we are doing well!

Crib – check
Dresser – check
Mattress – ordered
Pack n Play – check
Stroller – check
Car seat – check
Swing – check
Bouncer seat – check
High chair – check
Rocking chair – check
Extra crib for cabin – check
Baby backpack carrier - check

As for big things we are missing, I don’t know that there are any other items…other than smaller things like bottle nipples, pacifiers, baby bjorn, food processer, smaller stroller, monitor, mobile, etc we are doing pretty well! I would just like to take a moment to bask in the preparedness! I don’t think that I have ever been this put together this early on for an event in my whole life!

1 comment:

Jessica said...

good job darling!!! You are super prepared! I can't wait to see the futon with the new cover on it!