I have a problem.
This is my family room which is attached to my kitchen.
We spend a ton of time in this space.
All of the walls in the kitchen and 2 of the walls in the family room are Miller paint's Whip. This picture makes them look much more yellow than they really are but it is a very soft yellow/cream.
We have a brick fire place on one side of the room and wood and white accents as you can see in the picture.
Our cabinets are cherry and the floors are white oak (very warm color).
Our couches are dark green leather. The dark green is so hard to coordinate with - but the couches aren't going anywhere.
See that blue wall?
I hate it.
That wall was originally painted the same as the rest of the room and that looked bad. The room needed an accent wall...but I am still not convinced that I picked the right wall as the accent wall.
Next, the wall was red.
I hated that.
Now it is blue.
I don't know what color to paint it. Or perhaps, that should be the same color as the rest of the room and some other wall should be the accent wall?
Either way.
I need an accent wall and I need a paint color.
Any ideas?
3 comments:
What about like a dark grey- like that pottery barn one we saw when you were here or like a dark sandstone, to taupe color
I say go a bit lighter than what's up there currently, your couch should "pop" out against it. Have any accent pillows or lamps or anything that you can pull colors from? I'm a huge fan or grey/purple and could be pretty with yellow. Go get millions of paint samples and stick them up on your wall, the right one will come out eventually!
Yes!!! I like the girls idea of grey - your counter tops are grey and that color would connect the two rooms and compliment what you already have going on. I wouldn't go too dark though, I agree with Jesica that you might want the couches to stand out rather than blend in.
Post a Comment