Monday, February 11, 2008

Busy Busy Busy

Wow, Nick and I have been so busy. Here is what life has consisted of over the last few days.

  • I am in the middle of busy season, which simply put, makes it seem as though when I am work I am swamped, when I come home, I'm swamped, and when I am sleeping...you guessed it, swamped. I have been working pretty much all the time.
  • Nick is in Hood River (yes, out of town again, lame lame lame) and so the poor guy has to get up really early, drive, work, drive home late. Once he finishes up in Hood River, they are sending him back to Ontario. Cant a guy catch a break, make someone else work out of town.
  • We closed on the house and have moved one load from Corvallis. There is so much stuff down there. There is stuff that doesnt belong to Nick or I can we are going to have to figure out what to do with it all. I am not a fan of sorting through stuff, and Nick is very obviously not either.
  • We have yet to move in. The place is filthy, despite the fact that it was supposed to be cleaned.
  • There are things like the kitchen that we need to re-do, so we are trying to determine whether we will do that prior to moving in, or whether it is something that we will do over time. There are things like crooked tile, bad wall color, and smells that are intollerable that must must must be taken care of before we move in.
  • I need to post pictures of the house, so sorry guys.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Hey there. So sorry the house is gross! What's up w/it smelling? Can you move your living/bed room stuff in and worry about the kitchen in a couple months?
Mississippi has been alright - besides hiding in a closet for 1/2 an hour yesterday....There was a tornado warning and I had no idea what to do. I just bought a crank radio so next time I don't have to worry about the internet going out! Nice welcome to the South!