Saturday, February 23, 2008

The Dryer and other items

It is becoming increasingly entertaining, and also very troubling, the discoveries that we make when going through the house we purchased. I am surprised that the previous owner was able to live there and not burn the place down. I will illustrate the event that brings about this most recent revalation with some step by step instructions:

How to dry your laundry: Mckenzie Style
  1. Step 1: remove clothing from washing machine and place in Dryer
  2. Step 2: Turn dryer on
  3. Step 3: When clothing has dried, remove clothing from dryer, place in basket
  4. Step 4: Remove lint filter, clean lint, replace lint filter.

How to dry your laundry: Prior owner style

Complete all steps, skip step 4. Yes, that is right, do not clean the lint filter. Nick found the biggest lint blanket in the filter EVER! Honestly, I cannot figure out how in the world the dryer didn't break, blow up, melt down, or catch on fire. I mean honestly, how does a person not know that lint needs to be cleaned out!!!! This is like basic house-keeping. Sheesh!

2 comments:

Five point Two Nine said...

So years ago when Brandon and I were first together I told him to switch the laundry and to make sure to clean out the lint trap and he said "the what?" ummmm yeah- he knows what it is now...

Amanda said...

Yeah - my grandparents too - apparently they had a "rock like" item (super packed lint) in the place of a filter. My Grandma was like "I didn't think we had a lint trap!" It had been YEARS.