Have you ever had good intentions of doing something but it never got done, but you still had to live with the consiquences of not doing said thing? I am in that exact spot, only, this is very extreme-as far as consiquences for not doing my job.
I am running in hood to coast. Here is a blerb from the website:
As the Largest Running Relay Race in the World, and Mother of All Relays, The Nike Hood To Coast Relay stretches 197 miles near the top of Oregon's majestic Mt. Hood down to the beautiful Pacific Ocean beach in Seaside, Oregon. Over 12,000 Hood to Coast runners and 4,800 walkers in The OfficeMax Portland To Coast Walk, share in the experience of this annual event now in its 27th year! Join the excitement this August 22nd and 23rd, 2008!
It is a relay race, each team has 12 runners, 2 vans and basically, we leapfrog eachother to the finish. I am in van 2 and run legs 7 (5.65 mile Hard leg) over rolling hills along highway 26 on paved shoulder and country roads and 6pm Friday, leg 19 (5.89 miles very hard) long leg over challenging uup an down hills on paved back country roads at 3am, and finally leg 31 (4 miles moderate) on gradual hills on narrow paved back country road at 2:30pm on Saturday.
The Hard, very hard and moderate designations are made by race officials. Yes, it is true, I will be doing this-and I have NOT been training. Shame shame on me.
I will begin the "mother of all relays" tomorrow-wish me luck, on my 15.54 up and down running journey!
1 comment:
Oh holy hell! Didn't know you were doing this - soooo proud of you!! Did you make it? Did you puke? I'm calling you tomorrow!! :)
Post a Comment