Thursday, November 4, 2010

Correction

Oh English- "The air was like soup" is a simile - silly me!

I have started to Christmas shop a little. Ok, so I purchased on thing for one person - but still, it is a start. I have been thinking more and more about christmas decorations. We haven't decorated our house for Christmas ever because we generally go to McCall. This year, whether we go to McCall or not, I would love to put some Christmas spirit into our home. I have been browsing for ideas - however, I have made the mistake of looking at Pottery Barn for ideas. Big mistake. I need to learn how to be either crafty or better at shopping in a thrifty way (and have some imagination) or I will go broke in my attempt to decorate.



Example A (see stocking pic above): I priced out 3 stockings with monograms. 1 for me, 1 for Nick and 1 for Trooper - $101.00. What?? For some fabric with a name? Add the stocking holders and you are now up to $170. Sigh. That's a lot of money just for stockings and holders. Never you mind the amount that would need to be spent to make a complete pottery barn look. I can only imagine just 1 of their tree's all decked out would be in the neigborhood of $2,000. Yes, thrifty is what I need to learn to be. Or maybe just crafty.

I think a girls night/craft night is in order. Each girl should have some christmas decoration idea that they can share...maybe we do it all in 1 night, maybe in multiple nights...but I am in sore need of some guidance. I would love to open my home to all - so girls? Who is with me?

2 comments:

Jessica said...

totally with you Kenz!!!! I was thinking the same thing, probably because I looked thru P. Barn's holiday catalog too, and then threw it away half way thru because I was like "I can never achieve this!!" I bet Monique would be interested in doing a craft night too!!!

meakins said...

I swear all of my friends have bought the Pottery Barn stockings for over half price after Christmas the past few years. They always go on super sale! Make sure you check this year!:) I need them too!!