Wednesday, April 20, 2011

In the Garden

Today, I am working outside because there is a beautiful ball of light called the sun which is shining down on us and making it impossible not to be outside (ps, this is Trooper's favorite word and a frenzy to the door generally follows when you say "outside")

Soil Testing:


Step #1 obtain materials: Gloves, soil testing kit (purchased at Lowe's for 4.95), shovel, containers

 Step #2: scoop soil into containers- each bed gets it's own container because soil issues will vary from bed to bed
Step #3: Make sure furry helpers are on hand to supervise.
 Step #4: Take containers inside and lay out paper labeled with which bed the soil corresponds.
 Step #5: Dump soil onto each piece of paper
 Step #6: Separate out rocks, worms, sticks and vegitation
Step #7: Leave to dry overnight. This post will continue tomorrow :-)

Other Random garden things:


 My beautiful Snap Peas!

 The way the garden looks today

These are my bulb's in the front of the house. Notice the trail of destruction...Trooper is a plant assassin. I will be moving these bulbs after the growing season to somewhere else.  Oh look, destructor's butt is even in the picture! Surprise Surprise!

I am not a daffodil fan...but they are pretty anyway. These too will find a new home after the growing season. 

These beauties are growing so well! They will also be re-located, but I love to watch them grow. 

Ah, the replacements. These Azaleas will be moving in to the spot formerly taken by the bulbs. These will be green all year, flower in he spring and they will require little maintenance and be more hardy in case destructor continues to run through my flowers. 


Another project:

This is what the babies room looks like. Gulp. It is the office/storage/I have no freakin' clue what to do with "that" room. I have no idea what I am going to do with this stuff. Much of it is documents and photo's and stuff. Hmm. I need to figure it out soon, but I am still putting it off...

I'm, um, looking for some goo gone. Holy crap, the husband has a lot of cans and bottles and tins and things! Alas, no goo gone. 

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Love the post. I love step-by step photos like that.

Jessica said...

I'll help you get the baby room ready if you want! that would be a fun Saturday or Sunday project!
And I do like azaleas...hmmm.. maybe that is a good choice for our backyard if the roses don't grow.