Thursday, January 12, 2012

Sleep

Sleep has become a problem for us - well, me mostly - but us a little.

Bear wakes up EVERY.TWO.HOURS.ALL.NIGHT.LONG.

I don't remember what real sleep is like. 

 This has been going on for a month, maybe more and before that, we were getting one 4 hour stretch and several 3 hour stretches. 

I am stubborn. Bear is exclusively breastfed. 

Formula makes me nervous with recalls and stuff. 

But eff. 

I look ragged. Run down. I have dark circles. And by gosh - I am becoming a grouch. Or a crumudgeon - whatever. I'm pretty sour about it. 

It doesn't seem to be getting any better. 

The Pediatric Society or Association or whatever they call themselves says no solids until he is 6 months. 

The idea of being this run down and sleepless for another 2.5 months is unthinkable. To put that in perspective - I have until March 23. 

And here's the thing. I refuse to let my selfish desire for sleep interfere with Bears health. Stubborn.

But let me say it again. Eff. I'm tired!

2 comments:

Jessica said...

did the gripe water last night help him at all? My opinion still is that it's not selfish for you to need some sleep, and to introdue a little bit of formula at night to see if that helps him sleep.. you can research brands and make sure you get a good one.. you need to be at your best to take care of him, so you are important too!!!!

Jesica said...

Does he sleep with you? From the one and only exclusively breastfeeding mama friend I have, she had (ok, still has and he's 2.5) the baby sleep with her and thus doesn't have to get up in the middle of the night. Baby would find the boob on his own and she'd barely have to wake up when he was feeding, even if he was feeding ever 2 hours. If you're already doing this than I have no suggestions whatsoever other than hold on a little longer, it's bound to get better soon! Isn't 4 months one of those sleep regression stages?