In every way.
Simplify stuff. (this means everything from furniture, decor, toys, clothing, personal care, etc) Paring things down to what we actually need.
Simplify food. This means eat simple foods that I understand and can pronounce.
Simplify spending. Be mindful of what we purchase in that they are things we actually need.
Avoid High Fructose Corn Syrup:
This is a hard one but so was going dairy free. I will choose foods that do not contain any HFCS at all. This will help with the simplify food goal because almost all foods that contain crazy ingredients also contain HFCS.
Eat meat only when I know where it is from:
Also hard. But I will commit for a year to this goal. Our freezer is stocked with ground beef from my relatives and we joined a CSA and will begin getting deliveries of chicken, turkey and pig in July and every month for a year after that!
Exercise 5x a week:
Whether a quick walk or a real sweat inducing workout - get some type of exercise 5x a week. I am a happier person when I work out. It clears my mind, I feel good, I release stress and tension. The hardest part about this is that we no longer belong to a gym, it rains here ALL THE TIME and I am pregnant...but I am committed to making this happen. Again, I am a happier person when I work out. Pretty sure my happy chemicals (endorphins?) are very closely tied to my exercise habits.
So there you have it, my resolutions for 2013!

1 comment:
Any day or evening that it's not raining, I'll walk with you!!!!
Post a Comment