Looking back at my posts, what a negative month! I promise, I wasn't all downers and crumudgeonliness - though from my posts it sure looks like I was. I did determine that belly soreness was related to walking over 3 miles a day. This leaves me with the choice-either walk and be very sore, or don't walk. Both are unfortunate prospects because I get so much joy from walking but it also turns me into a complete disaster and it becomes difficult to get on the floor and play with my kiddo. That and the weather is sure getting nicer - walks are a big delight in good weather. Plus, Barrett really loves his time in the stroller in the fresh air - and I want to keep him loving it because after baby #2 arrives, I see us going out a whole lot for walks.
Speaking of. We are going to do our absolute best to make the following work for strollers. Either Bob with Barrett riding and baby 2 in the bjorn or Chariot Stroller with both of them in it. With any luck, I will not have to purchase any other stroller systems. It is my goal to keep the purchasing to a minimum for several reasons. The first is, naturally, cost savings. The second is to keep clutter to a minimum. The third is that I have found that every time I go out and buy the "must have" item, it really wasn't all that much of a must have. Like the play mat. Sure it was ok. Sure Barrett spent a bit of time under it. A very short amount of time, and the $80 price tag was definitely not worth the cost of it. I also was super afraid of giving him flat spots on his head that I opted to carry him a lot. I will likely do that with #2 as well, the Bjorn will be my BFF. You see, the back of my head is very flat. I have a complex. Boys shave their heads (hopefully not for a very very long time, I love their hair)...I would like to avoid the flat head thing.
Have I mentioned that Barrett is the greatest joy on here lately? I don't think I have. Despite the fact that all you have read here lately has been negative, know that I have been enjoying the heck out of my little guy.
- He loves to climb on everything. To get on the couch, he gets a running start and pulls up. He stands on his car toys that are meant for pushing around on. He climbs on tables, chairs, his stroller. This little guy loves to climb.
- He still loves to read and will still bring you book after book and turn and sit in your lap to have it read.
- He loves baths.
- He jabbers a lot but still isn't talking. Clearly he comprehends.
- Still a huge cuddle. Loves to cuddle up close when sleeping, reaches out to touch my face, arm, chest, whatever he can to feel close. Tucks up in a tiny ball and stays very close.
- He loves all fruit, chicken, most veggies, and goldfish
- He does a "stinky" smile where he smiles really big while wrinkling his nose and narrowing his eyes when he is trying to be silly.
- Loves to be outside and is most of the time good about helping put on his coat and sitting for socks and shoes.
- LOVES the machines in the backyard. Particularly the riding mover and the mini-excavator. He loves to get on the mini with George and sit on his lap while he runs it. He is also constantly trying to climb onto the mower when the mini isn't available. Nick and George better watch out, Barrett might be a better operator by the time he is 3 than they are, he is so into the machines!
- He is very curious. If there is a toy that makes noise, he is flipping it over and studying it to try and see how it works.
- He can open doors. Sigh.
- He loves helping with anything. If I am wiping the floors, he will pull all the towels out and help. If I am doing laundry, he will either try to climb into the dryer or he will try to help put things in the dryer. If someone is doing dishes, he tries to help with the dishwasher. When I vacuum, he wants to hold onto the vacuum and help me. And he makes the vacuum's noise.
- The meow mix commercial came on the other day and afterwards, he goes "meo meo meo meo" so cute!!
- Anything we do, he figures out. How to open the garbage and throw something away, opening doors, hammering on something, pulling a leaver, climbing over something, etc. If you don't want him to try it, don't do it in front of him because not only will he try, he will succeed.
- Very determined but will rarely have a meltdown or tantrum when halted from his progress - it happens, but on very rare occasions.
- LOVES to go on walks in the stroller. Usually either sits quietly or goes to sleep.
- Fairly shy. Tends to stay back when introduced to kids and even takes his time with kids he knows. Isn't much for running up to random people to be friendly but if you are in his circle, he lights up when he sees you.
- Destructive when tired. When this kid gets tired, it is all about doing what he isn't supposed to do.
- His tired "tell" is that he rubs his ears. It's very cute.
He is such a happy guy and so easy for his age. I just love this guy. He is such a joy.
Happy Monday!
1 comment:
what a sweet and smart little man!!! I love that he meowed after the cat commercial! too cute!
I think we are getting close to Austin opening doors too.. I second your "ugh." he can reach them and he gets the concept, he just can't execute yet. Hopefully not for awhile.
Post a Comment