Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Solutions to Pregnancy Soreness (hopefully)

To be sure no one thinks I am over here wallowing in self pity because of the below post, here are the things I am doing to alleviate some of what I mentioned below.

  • No more caffeine in coffee - not sure if this has anything to do with anything, but I am kicking it. 
  • More water. Lots more water. I am focusing really hard on downing the H2O because perhaps part of the soreness is my body saying it lacks water and we all know that when pregnant, your body takes care of the baby first and you second. So the severe soreness might have something to do with water intake. 
  • Daily smoothie. It has banana, almond milk, soy protein powder and psyllium whole husk fiber. Basically, it helps move things along. 
  • Eat small meals. When I eat, I swear my stomach is sitting somewhere in my ribs and rather than food settling in my stomach, it just fills up whatever that is that goes from my mouth to my stomach - lets just call it the pipe. So anyway - it's really uncomfortable. So perhaps eating only small meals with help. Even drinking lots of water makes it feel like the water is all the way up to the back of my throat. Super strange. 
  • Walk daily unless I get super sore, then take a day off and maybe do aqua aerobics or something else. Perhaps getting in the water would be good for me. Hm. Something to think about. 

Already I am feeling a little better - I didn't walk yesterday (sadly) so that may have been part of it. I drank water like a champ. I took 3 heaping tablespoons of milk of magnesia. 

The mental piece is going to have to come on it's own. I will, I am sure of it, find peace with having a second baby. It will be great - it will. I have a positive outlook and I also think everything happens for a reason. Sometimes it is just hard when you had a plan and things went in a completely opposite direction. And a new baby is a BIG deal. It is a huge commitment and I just have to wrap my head around that commitment. I will get there. I am sure of it. 

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Well your baby will be damn cute just like Bear.. so that will help. :-)

Jesica said...

Hey! My best constipation advice I got AFTER I had my baby and was still constipated and none of the old tricks were working. Magnesium! Take 400-500mg of magnesium before bedtime and come morning time all will be flowing much smoother ;-) You can up the mg if the 500 isn't working, but be careful cause you can go too far and end up with diarrhea! Good luck!