Sunday, June 24, 2007

Cancun

Nick and I went to Cancun for a week of vacation, just the two of us. We left the 16th at night and took a red-eye from Portland to North Carolina and then on to Cancun. We stayed at the Royal Islander, a resort that is primarily a timeshare establishment. It was amazing. The resort was right on the beach and our room had some amazing views. Our room had room for 6 people to sleep but Nick and I had it all to ourselves! There was a kitchen and everything. All of the weather websites I checked before leaving said that I was supposed to rain the whole week but we had absolutely amazing weather the whole time, it only drizzled a few times. We had a fantastic week. We took sailing lessons (for free at our resort), laid on the beach and by the pool, got side by side massages on a fourth floor patio above the ocean at sunset, ate lobster tail/ahi tuna/steak etc., and went on an excursion to the tallest Mayan temple (in the city Coba) as well as to the jungle where we explored the Cenotes (caves). We both relaxed, sleped in, and enjoyed the absolutely amazing service of the resort employees. It was a great trip that was much needed! We highly recommend Cancun. It has the reputation for being a place to go and party (which we are not interested in) but there is much more to Cancun and we would recommend it to those like us who just needed some R&R.

We got back on Saturday 23rd and now it is back to real life again. How sad. Today I went to volunteer at Art in the Park in Lake Oswego checking ID's in the Beer and Wine tent for my accounting firm, AKT. Nick relaxed at home and spent some time with his dad (George). Tonight, we are going to see the broadway production STOMP at the Keller Auditorium. My little sister Heidi is coming up to see it with Nick and I. Tomorrow, Nick is driving back to Ontario to go back to work and I will start my last 4 weeks of school ever! I have 2 courses to finish, Auditing and Accounting Law.
Inside one of the Cenotes (Caves)
Swimming in a Cenote
At the top of the Temple in Coba
The Temple in Coba

In front of the Restaurant Captains Cove


At a Cafe with the best Capuccino ever

A large truck (Nick style!)

On the Beach
Shopping

No comments: