Nick and I continue to be extremely busy with work and the house. We currently reside in a near empty house with a half demolished kitchen, partially painted rooms, and overall dissarray. I cooked in the kitchen for the first time last night and nick and I sat down to a romantic dinner in the lawn chairs placed in the middle of the kitchen on the lone tiles that have yet to be pulled up. Our first cooked meal in the house consisted of sweet potato fries, pasta with melted cheeze and toasted bread. Not really healthy, but good just the same!
The large dumpster will arrive today, which will make me feel better about the demolition taking place in the house as we will now have a home for all the debris that are quickly accumulating in piles around the house.
Nick and I are practicing to be europeans...no, not because we are going to europe but because we currently have no shower curtain (common in European bathrooms) and we have been doing the, "shower carefully" thing. Perhaps I can find some time to stop and grab one, plus rings.
**And now for the Skinny Latte item mentioned in the title** For years, I have heard mostly women at Starbucks, refer to skim milk lattes as skinny lattes. Well, now Starbucks has taken that long used wording and placed it into adds and advertisement boards in the stores nationwide. Now, quite naturally, there is an uproar about whether it is PC to use the term "skinny" and supposedly target women. There are blogs all over the place putting in their two cents. Well, I will join them and give my two cents:
We have become a very unhealthy society, that cannot be dissagreed with. We also have a habit of wanting to tone down the problem. We always have to ensure that we do not offend people by calling the overweight, fat, or other words. While I agree with the idea that offending people to offend them is not nice, I also believe that the more we try to hide from our problems and remain PC, the more the problem will perssist. Our health care is out of control, much of which is due to weight issues. You know, if Starbucks wants to call their latte skinny, let them call it skinny. If skinny is offensive, then non-fat should be more offensive since it has the actual word fat and the prefix non ... I have an idea, pipe down and stop finding things to be offended by. Skinny late, non-fat latte, healthy latte, skim latte...call it what you want.
2 comments:
How about a super fat packed latte instead of a breve? Breve is "lardo" in disguise, let's just let it all out!
PICTURES! PICTURES! PICTURES! I want to see the demolished house!
Post a Comment