Friday, December 17, 2010

Friends - Ross's spray tan

Have you ever seen the Friends episode where Ross gets a spray tan? Here is a Link.

So now that you have seen that- Let me tell you about my "Ross Spray Tan" (RST). My friend Jen and I are going to our husbands' Christmas party tomorrow. I want to look nice, she wants to look nice - so we take my $50 gift certificate to the tanning place and get ourselves a tan. First Jen blew it. She forgot to put barrier lotion on her hands and feet, so they will be orange - or something. I couldn't stop laughing. I never should have laughed. It must have been Karma.

I get in the booth. I thought the spray tan came out, then it blew air, then spray tan, then air repeated 4 times. There are four poses that you do when you spray tan. So I start on my front in the "bear claw" position. The sprayers go down. Beep! Then they go up - I have my eyes closed, I think that it is air. Beep. I change into the right handed running man. Beep. I stay in the right handed running man and I think I get blasted with air again. Beep! Change to Left running man...Beep, stay in left running man. Im in the booth thinking, hm. It felt different on the left hand running man. Beep, turn around, pop the booty for the final pose. Hm. That feels like air. Beep...still feels like air. I look down...OMG! Puddles on my chest, arms, legs. And then it hits me. I was supposed to go through the poses 2 separate times because it does spray tan 4 times, then air 4 times. SERIOUSLY??

I get out of the booth. My face is BLACK. I just got blasted 4 times by spray tan on the front only! F! Are you kidding me?? I madly rubbed off my face and front side. The towel turned brown. So... Spray tan develops over time, and I totally just sprayed my front 4 times and my back 0 times. And the worst part is, I was telling Jen about that episode after she forgot the barrier cream! Then I get in the booth and do the RST. If I was around Bill Ingvall, he would say "here's your sign" - I would win a Darwin Award for beauty disasters. And tomorrow, me and my half tan self will be wearing a turtle neck and hair down and I will likely have a very very tan face. Classy.

1 comment:

Our Pratt Pack said...

Oh my goodness That sucks!! I think I heard somewhere where lemon juice will take off fake tan, I don't know but you should definitely google that.