Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Retirement...er....unemployment

Retirement has suited me well, surprisingly. Now-I'm not saying that I haven't been looking for work, putting in applications here and there- but let me tell you, I don't know how Nick and I got by with two stressful jobs! I can't even begin to tell you how busy I have been. This is surprising given the fact that two weeks ago, i was worried about what I would do with my days.

So, two weeks into early retirement, what have been up to?
-cleaning the house
-doing laundry
-making lunches for the husband
-painting the bathroom
-organizing
-cooking dinners
-going to the gym
-volunteering at a physical therapy clinic
-setting up budgets and money tracking
-working on design ideas for the house
-spending time with friends
-peeling wall paper (I really hate this task)

I love the job of taking care of my little family! I feel like it is the most important job I have ever done and I actually take it very seriously. I just love having the house all put together, it makes me feel so accomplished! I have so many ideas for our home and cant wait to continue implementing these ideas. Finishing the bathroom is top priority! Oh, and I think i might paint my mailbox bright green and do yellow ducks lettering.

Speaking of- the civil war is on Saturday at Reeser stadium...and if the ducks win, we go to the national championship game! That's right, my ducks might go to the national championship!


Ok, well,, that's all for now folks. Ps. If there are spelling errors, sorry! I typed on the iPad :-)

No comments: