Sunday, December 12, 2010

Pandora's Box -- And something fun!


Pandora's Box
I feel like I have opened Pandora's box - I was so guarded about what had happened and felt like the many times I wanted to talk about something related the last seven months, I couldn't. I have to say - I feel a whole lot better. I want to thank those who wrote comments - hearing other people's stories, or getting support is always helpful. I hope that I didn't come off as sour or un-happy with others who have had more luck than we have. I want to be clear that I am extremely happy for people when things work out. Yes it stings sometimes. Yes I get down sometimes - but overall, I am happy. I have good health, an amazing husband, wonderful friends, a home that is comfortable, and the luxury to be able to stay home after losing my job without worry that we will lose what we have worked hard for. I am thankful that my husband has been so supportive of both my loss of job and the loss we experienced in July. He has been so amazing thru this whole process. Thru this whole year. 

I would also like to add that I don't want to be handled with kid gloves. If you get pregnant, while I may hurt, I want you to share your joy. I want to share in your joy. Be patient with me. I promise - I am still the supportive and happy friend that you have always known. Maybe the only time to handle me with kid gloves is when you have normal pregnancy symptoms. Like I said earlier - I would love to feel all of these - to know that I was on my way to being a parent - so if you are miserable in your pregnancy I may not be the best person to complain to. 

Today - it was confirmed that cycle 3 clomid did not work. I didn't cry. That was a big step. Maybe I will end up crying, maybe I won't. I moped a little but then I moved on. I am keeping busy. I made Puffed Oven Pancakes for breakfast and then I have busied myself putting together this blog post. On Monday, I will turn my basal chart over to my doctor and see what he has to say - I vote that I stop taking clomid - see what happens. At our last appointment, he told me that any time I wanted to start seeing a specialist, I could. I - We - are not there yet. Specialists are not covered by insurance. It gets expensive - quickly. I will keep you posted on what the MD says about the basal chart. 

Switching Gears-
I was looking thru pictures on our external hard drive and found our house pictures. Sometimes I look around at our house and think, man, we have so much left to do. But then I looked at these pictures and realized how far we have come!! I have added some before and after photos below. 

Our Kitchen before. 

 The Walls were so dark, the room so small. The blue tape that goes across the sink and down on the floor represents where we were originally going to put the new island. It didn't end up going there. 


 The oven is now at the cabin in McCall. 


 During the demolition process. 

 And more demolition. 


 And then the demolition of the island. And the discovery of a mouse mecca with dog food galore under the sink cabinet. GROSSEST THING EVER!

 And After. There are still small things like the backsplash left to do, but overall, it is done!

 Island. 

Chalkboard, pot rack.  

 This was the before of the family room. The photo is taken from where the island in the kitchen is now. I forgot how ugly it was. 

 This picture turned out dark, but this is after. New doors, New floors, New paint. 

There we go! This one turned out a little brighter! Side note - The blue wall was red up until 3 days ago. The red was a little much in this room. It clashed with the dark green couches and picked up the wrong colors in the painting. I painted it Newburyport Blue, a Benjamin Moore color from the Pottery Barn catalogue. You can take the color name to Home Depot and they will make if for you - much less expensively. I used the Behr primer and paint in 1. It covered the red in 1 coat. Yes, 1 coat!! I have to say, I like it a whole lot better than I liked the red.




Something Fun!
 Final score, Ducks v. Beavers at Reeser stadium. Ducks 37 - Beavers 20

 And we are #1!! (ok, #2 but whatever) and we are going to the National Championship Game!! Nick and I will be traveling down to Glendale, AZ! Our tickets have been purchased and will be sent sometime next week! Merry Christmas to us!

Trooper likes the fire! So handsome!

1 comment:

Jessica said...

I love the blue wall! I can't wait to come over and see it!!! I don't think I ever saw your house in the "before" stage, so that was fun to see pics! you guys have made huge improvements!