Tuesday, January 24, 2012

4 months old












Two weeks

1 month

2 Months

3 Months


Four months

  • Majorly sucking at this whole sleep thing. Usually goes to sleep around 7:30pm - 11pm, 11pm-2 or 3am, 3am - 5am or so and awake at 6am. He varies between 1.5 and 4.5 hours between feedings and generally wakes to eat and goes right back to sleep. Longer than 5 hours of sleep at a time would sure be nice!!
  • Naps vary from practically sleeping all day to taking only 2 short naps. No consistency. 
  • Sleeps in the pack n play next to the bed swaddled or in bed with us. Prefers to be with us
  • wears carters 3 month clothes that are either terry towel material or fuzzy, 6 month carters cotton clothes, some 3 month onsies and some 6 month
  • Exact weight to come in 2 weeks but weighs around 15lbs
  • Eats every 2 to 2.5 hours during the day and mostly every 2 at night still exclusively breastfed
  • Still loves his pacifier
  • Holds toys, rattles, clothing, ect and can pass them from one hand to the other
  • Loves to be held and be around people, cries when alone
  • Loves to be read to
  • Smiles when sung to
  • Giggles when tickled
  • Rumparoo diapers are snapped with 4 snaps left in middle and bumgenius with 3
  • Can sit up holding your fingers
  • Can do full cobra on tummy
  • Stands holding one or two fingers of ours
  • Chews on toys
  • Drools like crazy
  • Spits up a TON
  • Jabbers, talks and coos
  • Still has blue eyes
  • Is losing his baby hair in patches and his dark baby hair is being replaced by blond hair underneath
  • Still has some cradle cap
  • Has not rolled over either way and shows little interest - is more interested in sitting or standing. 
  • Either has his pacifier in or is stuffing his hands in his mouth. This kid really loves to have something to suck on. 
  • Officially has some "stranger danger" and cries hysterically when held by someone he doesn't know. It's kind of funny (don't turn me in to the authorities!). Maybe I should just say, he is a bit of a mama's boy...ok, a lot a mama's boy. 
  • Has started to "cuddle" and will hide his face in my chest
  • Smiles big smiles when "baby bench pressed"
  • Doesn't seem to like "new" men, even if they are men that he has been around a lot, if they haven't held him much, chances are if they try, he will MELT DOWN. 

Whats up with me:
It has been a while since I wrote about post baby life and I kind of regret not writing more, especially if we ever go on to have another baby, I certainly would like to have something to look back on to compare to. 
  • I weigh anywhere from 143 - 147. 145 was my pre-pregnancy weight (yeay!) but I would ultimately like to end up around 135 or so. I am not sure if I have to wait until I am done breastfeeding before this will be a reality?
  • I fit in all my jeans but not all of my suit pants. My butt and thighs seem to be smaller than they were before becoming pregnant, but my tummy is definitely bigger and needs some serious work. I have been doing ab exercises but what I think it really needs is some serious running. Good thing I am doing the 1/2 marathon in Sunriver in June...now if only it would stop raining so I could train. 
  • I am sleep deprived and getting used to it. If you know me, you know I am not a good non sleeper. I am a need 8 hours a night kind of gal. I am a grouch with a capital G if I don't get enough sleep. Apparently, becoming a parent makes this a little better - I said a little. I can still get grouchy. 

3 comments:

Five point Two Nine said...

I love how he interacts with the bear now in the pictures... it isn't just a prop...

Jessica said...

that was so funny that Neal just looked at him the other night and he started to freak out! Strange man, oh no!!!! :-) He'll grow out of that phase. :-)

Jesica said...

Aw...he's cute.