I was watching Entertainment Tonight and they had a story about Lisa Ling who had a miscarriage 6 months ago and found out in the same way that we found out about ours- at the first appointment. In her interview, she said that she didn't want to tell her friends, that she felt like a failure. These words ring so true for me - I felt the exact same way for the first several months. It is nice to hear that others have similar stories as mine. Not that I am glad that other people have gone through what I have, but it is nice to hear that my feelings and reaction were not completely out of the ordinary.
We decided to take a break from Clomid. I would have had to start round 4 today - it hasn't worked yet - and I was just ready for a break. According to my doctor's nurse, I can take a break and can pick back up later if I feel so inclined. It's scary to stop taking it because I am afraid that I might be throwing a wrench in the whole process - but at the same time, I am relieved not to take it again for a while. With any luck, I will never have to take clomid again.... (crossing fingers).
I called my insurance company today to ask what they cover for infertility. They cover diagnosis of fertility problems, but they don't cover the treatments at all. So if we ever have to go for an IUI or IVF, we are on our own. I really hope that we don't have to cross that bridge. I wonder how long you try before you go for alternative, more invasive treatments. I don't have the answer to this. My OB doesn't either - he said that any time we are ready, he will refer us. I don't want to make a date for myself because I don't want to add any more pressure to this situation than already exists. Sigh. I just hope that this whole situation works itself out.
1 comment:
Don't worry about "throwing a wrench" in something by going off Clomid for a bit. you have to do what feels right to you in your heart. When you take the next step into more invasive procedures will have to be up to you.. I have a friend who tried for 3 years and went thru 2 adoption processes before she decided to do IVF. It worked for her, she's due in March. So there is still lots and lots of hope that everything will work out, however it is supposed to work out. :-)
Post a Comment